Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export my Fitbit account data?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, I am eventually planning to move from Fitbit to Garmin(sorry, but Garmin just better for running) and was wondering if I request a data archive of all my data would it be in CSV format? Or would I have to download each month individually to get CSV format.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @BaconBro_22.

Thanks for getting back with more details, and I'm sorry you've had that experience with your Fitbit device. I appreciate your feedback and please know we'll keep working to improve and make Fitbit more useful for all our members.

About your question, if you want to export your recent Fitbit account data, you can choose between CSV or Microsoft Excel format. On the other hand, if you choose to export a complete archive of your Fitbit account data, some of your details will be in CSV and others in JSON format. Check the link shared to you before in order to learn more about this process.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @BaconBro_22.

I'm sorry to see you go, and thanks for sharing your experience. Every feedback shared in the forums is always provided to our team as it helps us to improve our products and services. I appreciate your comments and please know you're always welcome back to the Fitbit family if you change of mind.

In regards to your question, you can export a complete archive of your Fitbit account data from your online dashboard. To do this, I'd recommend following the instructions described in this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding to me! In response to me leaving it is a combination of a lot of things. I have had so many bugs with my watch such as it disconnecting, having a faulty battery and more. I also hate the idea of paying $80+ a year for half the data my watch collects already. It also just competitively does not have near as much as Garmin in running. But you really did not answer my question. What file format would a total archive of my Fitbit account export in? Would it be CSV(the format wanted by Garmin) or a different one?

Best Answer

Hi there, @BaconBro_22.

Thanks for getting back with more details, and I'm sorry you've had that experience with your Fitbit device. I appreciate your feedback and please know we'll keep working to improve and make Fitbit more useful for all our members.

About your question, if you want to export your recent Fitbit account data, you can choose between CSV or Microsoft Excel format. On the other hand, if you choose to export a complete archive of your Fitbit account data, some of your details will be in CSV and others in JSON format. Check the link shared to you before in order to learn more about this process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked in the link and it told me how to do it but I have one more question; what specifically would be in .JSON format as Garmin does don’t accept this? Would this be the community data or what?

Best Answer

Hi there, @BaconBro_22.

Thanks for taking the time to review my post, as well as the suggested help article. In regards to your question, there are different stats that will be in .JSON format, and others in CSV. That's why my best advice is to try exporting your data, that way you can see the format of each stat and see which data can be transferred into Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @BaconBro_22. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for taking the suggestions from my post into consideration. If you have any other question, you can always share it in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. Have a good day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes