Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off wake-up alarm?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When setting up my Charge 2, it had me select a target sleep schedule and wake up tone.  This created a wake-up alarm for the Wake up time on my iPhone.  How do I turn this off?  I've gone into my sleep goals and deleted the Sleep Goal, Target Sleep Schedule (including bedtime & wake up time), and turned off the bedtime reminder.  The alarm is still going off every morning.  There are no silent alarm settings, and I am not finding any alarm settings when reviewing phone settings for the FitBit app on 'allow fitbit to access' settings on the phone.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jflaxa - glad you checked back in.  Go ahead and accept my earlier response as the solution if that does fix it (pretty sure it will).  That will help others figure out what is going on if it happens to them.

For what it is worth, I just toggled the sleep reminder on in the the fitbit app and it did not toggle the iOS bedtime feature. They appear to be completely unrelated features. 

In my case, I think I turned on the iOS bedtime alarm when I was going through what changed on the iOS update last fall, and then, because my wake up times were pretty close to what I already had set in the regular iOS alarms feature, forgot I had set it up and that it was there.  I also set up the sleep feature in the fitbit app -- cause I REALLY need help getting up in the morning -- and then spent about a month trying figure out why I couldn't turn off my phone's wake up alarm even though I had deleted all the normal alarms and the fitbit sleep feature.  It was just a case of too many ways to do basically the same thing.

Looking more closely at the fitbit's sleep reminder feature in the app, I see that it is designed to give you a phone reminder in addition to a wrist vibration at bedtime, but will only do the wrist vibration to wake you up in the morning.  Personally, I've gone back to using iPhone regular alarm feature, as I tend to get up around the same time every day even when I go to bed too late.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@jflaxa — if it is the Fitbit app it should be pushing the alarm to your CH 2, so that’s probably not the problem.  

Your iPhone has relatively new bedtime alarm (distinct from regular daily alarms; introduced last fall), that, if you are like me, you set up and forgot about.  Go to the clock icon on your phone and check to see that you have not set that up.  Screen shot below is from my iPad.

Hope that helps.  Let us know

CBA619CB-CB2D-474A-A67F-428F505D5590.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

LOL I found that on the phone and it was turned on, so hoping that solve the issue :0)  Would the fitbit have done some sort of push to activate that option on the iPhone?  That function didn't turn on until after I'd set sleep goals on my new Charge 2 while moving through the setup options.  I've turned it off so we'll see in the morning if it solved the issue... really appreciate the feedback!!

Best Answer

@jflaxa - glad you checked back in.  Go ahead and accept my earlier response as the solution if that does fix it (pretty sure it will).  That will help others figure out what is going on if it happens to them.

For what it is worth, I just toggled the sleep reminder on in the the fitbit app and it did not toggle the iOS bedtime feature. They appear to be completely unrelated features. 

In my case, I think I turned on the iOS bedtime alarm when I was going through what changed on the iOS update last fall, and then, because my wake up times were pretty close to what I already had set in the regular iOS alarms feature, forgot I had set it up and that it was there.  I also set up the sleep feature in the fitbit app -- cause I REALLY need help getting up in the morning -- and then spent about a month trying figure out why I couldn't turn off my phone's wake up alarm even though I had deleted all the normal alarms and the fitbit sleep feature.  It was just a case of too many ways to do basically the same thing.

Looking more closely at the fitbit's sleep reminder feature in the app, I see that it is designed to give you a phone reminder in addition to a wrist vibration at bedtime, but will only do the wrist vibration to wake you up in the morning.  Personally, I've gone back to using iPhone regular alarm feature, as I tend to get up around the same time every day even when I go to bed too late.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

that worked... greatly appreciate your help.  I've gone to my phone alarm since I wake at different times depending on the morning workout plan.

Best Answer