Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view weekly sleep time average?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I view weekly sleep averages?

(If there isn't a way, that's insane. There's absolutely no reason to remove an essential feature from the app)

Sleep scores are not helpful and do not at all accurately display sleep quality.
For example, last night  I woke up with my heart racing and slept less than 4 hours. It was rated as 'fair' sleep. So this isn't obviously going to replace sleep averages in terms of utility. 

I bought a fitbit for the sole purpose of sleep tracking. If this essential feature has been removed I definitely won't be buying another one.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @emlow. I'm glad to see you on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit app. I understand how helpful were these details for you and I'm sorry that this is causing an inconvenience to keep a track of your sleep data. Currently the weekly sleep time average isn't available when opening the sleep tile, as this was replaced by the sleep score average data. However, if you swipe on the graph from right to left and maximize the screen you'll see the sleep average for this week, month, and year. 

Our team constantly works on the Fitbit app based on the comments posted in the Community. I noticed that you've participated in the Feature Suggestions board, and thanks for voting for those requests. The more votes the better chance of getting the attention of the developers.

See you around.

Best Answer

Thanks for responding.

I recognize that the data is technically available, but the number of steps required remove most of the utility. 
I've been looking around and it looks like the similar product 'biostrap' has a nice interface that shows both their sleep score and weekly averages easily. 

I think this might be less frustrating if sleep scores obviously reflected any clear trends, but so far they seem to have no correlation with any of my experiences with sleep. Right now however, its just real data replaced with a meaningless number. 

Best Answer

Hi @emlow. Thanks to you for getting back.

I understand what you mean about the sleep score, and how helpful was to see your weekly sleep average to know the amount of sleep that you had. This was just released so you can have a different view, and while the previous information isn't displayed in the Fitbit app as before, I'm sure our team will take the feedback shared in the Community to enhance this feature. Thanks again for your comments, and feel free to reply back if you have another question.

See you soon!

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit Will Fitbit be announcing how the sleep score is calculated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  Tracking my sleep is basically the only reason I wear my Fitbit & I rely on it to maintain my wellbeing as I age. It helps me discipline myself to achieve minimum sleep patterns.  I will definitely be reaching out to the company to voice my displeasure & find a way to go back to the old settings.

Best Answer

Hi @greghei1. I'm glad to see you here again. @Kaylem, welcome on board. I'm sorry for my delayed response and let me continue helping you.

@greghei1, thanks for your question and let me share that the sleep score is calculated by the sum of your individual scores in sleep duration, quality, and restoration, for a total score of up to 100. This and more details can be found in this help article.

@Kaylem, I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts and I understand how important is to track your sleep data. Our team welcomes any feedback as it helps us to improve our products and overall environment based on your comments.

If you need anything else, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit Thanks very much for your reply, I appreciate it, although I did find it incomplete.    

I had read the help article previously, but unfortunately, the article didn't tell me what the individual components of the score are, i.e. the app doesn't seem to tell me what my individual duration score, quality score and restoration score are. From my perspective, an aggregate score is completely irrelevant unless you can see the individual elements of the score and understand how the score can be affected.  The updated app provides that information nowhere.

It turns out that the information is available only by paying for a premium subscription.  Once you unlock the premium subscription, the *relevant* and *actionable* data becomes available:

Sleep 2.jpg

From my perspective, the sleep score is being forced upon all of us in a way that leaves it completely irrelevant unless you pay for the subscription.  The sleep score is basically just a billboard for Fitbit Premium.  

Having found what I feared I would find, I will be canceling the premium subscription during the trial period, and will be moving to a new fitness tracker soon.  I already have a Garmin Fenix for my workouts, but I've worn my fitbit every day for 4 1/2 years because I enjoyed the data that I received. As a result, it will be an easy transition, especially because I already use MyFitnessPal premium for my calorie tracking. 

I'm actually saddened by this.  In the next couple of days, I'll be receiving my Russian Railway lifetime steps badge, and I had hoped to get my Earth Diameter badge eventually.  Clearly Fitbit has shifted its business priorities.  They just don't align with mine.

Best Answer