Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped Connecting with Internet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

CHarge 2 - Macmini late 2012 macOS 10.14.6 Mojave.

For some unknown reason fitbit connect says it can't connect to the internet which is wrong because I'm on the internet typing this now. 

What I've done.

1. Deleted the FitBit Connect app > redownloaded the App > reistalled. No luck

2. Re-start my computer > No luck.

Time for tea while one of you good folk out there can give me some advice. 

Thank you.

Standing by.

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I can’;t access Fitbit using the mobile map on my iPhone on Wi-Fi for some reason.  Never had that issue before.  Can access via cellular data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SandmanSGC, thank you for your post. In addition to my original post i downloaded the FitBit Connect App to my iphone SE, (Note: I prefer to use the desktop version), logged into my FitBit Account, none of my morning's data has synced up. Hope someone has has a suggestion for us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner 

Im sorry your having trouble connecting. It’s great you already tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it as well as restarting your device. Maybe you need to restart your Charge 2. Here is how you do this:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hopefully this will resolve your situation 😃 please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also @SunsetRunner 

Have you tried turning your Bluetooth off then back on again? Wanted to mention that as well 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, Hi.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did that too. However I still get the window you see in the below picture.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.48.52 AM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did both

- Restart the Charge 2 via the USB

- turn BT on and off and back on

Still get the attached photo I posted previously

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner 

So if turning your Bluetooth off and on again still didn’t work (I personally) would try Shutting off your internet and let it reload. Make sure the Bluetooth is on after it reloads and try again. If none of this resolves your issue I think you best recourse would be to call Fitbit Customer Service. If you have to do that remember to tell them everything you have already tried or otherwise they will suggest you do things we discussed here. It will help you get help faster and rule out things quicker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MegBIte

First, thank you for your help. Much appreciated. I've already sent in an email request to support. It's not a priority, as I'm quite busy with other things. Thank you again for your suggestions.

I'll wait and see what the good folks at Fitbit Support have to say.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One last thing @SunsetRunner .....do you have cloudfare?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No cloudfare,

Also, I did mention everything we've talked about here as well as attaching the same screenshot I shared here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

are you using Wi-Fi to access the ap?  If so, I suggest turning off the Wi-Fi for a minute or so and then turn it back on.  

I could access the ap via cellular data, but not Wi-Fi.  So after I had posted here, I had a flash of insight and turned off the Wi-Fi, waited about a minute,, turned it back on.  Now I can access the ap via Wi-Fi,

give it a try.

Best Answer

bummers. Worked once. But not anymore, even after turning wi-fi off and back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer....worth a shot...sorry it didn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, this morning I tried again. I actually got the window to show the three icons. I clicked "sync now" and gotI the following, screenshot below, I clicked on Try Again and it worked. I have no clue as to what fixed this, except a good nights sleep. So for now it's working and again, appreciate all your suggestions as well as other Members who gave support. I now have a check list that I'll use if this happens again. All is good. 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 5.58.14 AM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is outstanding @SunsetRunner 😃😃

Best Answer
0 Votes