Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues when Versa is half charged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Here's what I discovered about the new Fitbit app with the new look with Versa (original, not version 2). What I noticed is that if the battery percentage on the Versa falls below 50%., the app tries to sync, but fails (message on screen says failed to update) because, somehow, Versa gets a command to do a soft reset (where the Fitbit logo comes on to but doesn't erase the data). However, the data gets updated in the app. I don't know whether it's the app that's sending the signal to reset, or somehow during the syncing process, Versa thinks it needs to do a soft reset. Once I charge Versa fully, the first time you try to sync, it still fails, but after the reset and the update, the app recognizes the new battery setting and syncs normally again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Stephen0118. Welcome back to the Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. This sounds unusual as the battery level shouldn't affect the syncing process. Before anything else, please verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Make sure there aren't other Bluetooth devices nearby and try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Manually restart your Versa to refresh its performance.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap on the profile's icon > Versa image.
  4. Tap on sync now and wait until the process is done.

If your device is having issues to sync and you get the error message again, please take a screenshot and attach it in your reply. This will help me to further investigate.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Lizzy.

Thank you for replying. This time the battery percentage was at 59% and it happened again. I'm not seeing a way to attach files as screenshots, so I'm putting them in as inline attachments.IMG_0626.PNGIMG_0627.PNG.

I did do a shutdown on the Versa itself and the last time the Fitbit app was updated was when the new app was rolled out to certain users.

I did try to update it again after a while and it seems to do it correctly. I will let you know tomorrow if it fails or it works. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @LizzyFitbit 

Looks like Fitibit rolled out an update to the iOS App a day or two ago and it seems to fix the problem. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I’ll have to take this back as it did it once after the update. I’ll continue to monitor the situation. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Stephen0118. I'm glad to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delay.

Thanks for keeping me updated, as well for your efforts while working on this situation. Besides updating the Fitbit app, make sure the iOS version is updated in your phone by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Please continue monitoring your Fitbit app's behavior and if the same keeps happening feel free to let me know so I can further investigate.

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

My iOS is updated to the latest release (12.x). Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes