Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add tiles to the Dashboard?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I add tiles to my iPhone Xr?

The dashboard does NOT give me this option.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jdsala  Hello, and welcome to the forums.  Your iPhone XR is fully compatible, so I am not sure why you are having this problem.  If you scroll to the bottom of the dashboard, you should see the Edit button.  Tapping on the Edit gives you the option to add more tiles. 

If you don't have the Edit button, I suggest you delete the Fitbit app and re-download it.  If it is still not there, can you post a screen shot?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@jdsala  Hello, and welcome to the forums.  Your iPhone XR is fully compatible, so I am not sure why you are having this problem.  If you scroll to the bottom of the dashboard, you should see the Edit button.  Tapping on the Edit gives you the option to add more tiles. 

If you don't have the Edit button, I suggest you delete the Fitbit app and re-download it.  If it is still not there, can you post a screen shot?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for answering.

I do have an Edit button, but it only allows me to ERASE the existing tiles, not to ADD new ones.

If I uninstall Fitbit and reinstall it, will I lose all my previous input? Or is it automatically saved on some fitbit cloud?

do you know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jdsala  If it only gives you the option to delete tiles, then you might have all available tiles.

The dashboard display can be customized and here are the tiles in no particular order:

• Today, which includes steps, distance, calories, active minutes, and floors
  • Exercise
  • Sleep
  • Reminders to move
  • Heart rate
  • Weight
  • Water
  • Female Health Tracking
  • Calories in/out

Do you have them all?  What is missing?

Deleting the app does not lose data.  Data is on the Fitbit servers, not your phone.  I have had to delete/re-install the app when updates do wonky things.  I have never lost any data.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, LZeeW, for your informative answer. I do not have all these “standard “ tiles, by far.

So I re-install and let you know if all is ok.

thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jdsala, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Ut's nice to see you too @LZeeW, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@jdsala, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. 

Usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you Marco for your subsequent advice.

I did what you and LzeeW said: I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I reinstated the tracker (you were right, Marco) and the Steps tile came back.

Thing is, not all the tiles that LWeezW listed showed up and there are NO hidden tiles either.

What I have now is:

Today - Steps, Km & Cals. No Floors, no Active Cals

Weekly exercise

Lost Weight

Water

Food

I eliminated the only other one I had: Feminine Health, as it doesn’t interest me.

If I press on the + button at the bottom, I get a pop-up with:

Track exercise

Log food

Log Water

Log Weight

Add Friend

Scan Barcode

(All of them IMHO superfluous, because you get the same thing by clicking on the tile you need.)

So how do I get all the OTHER tiles LZeeW mentioned?

Or are they only available with a wearable device?

Argus gives me Sleep on the phone, with no problem, as well as Active Calories...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance fir your kind help!

Joyce

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jdsala,

Which Fitbit do you have? Not all Fitbits measure flights of stairs, and not all Fitbits have the active hours option. If the tracker connected to your account doesn't offer those options, they won't appear in the app.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Janel, I’m not sure I understand your question.

I do not use a wearable, just using my iPhone Xr for it.

I looked for a version. Number or name of my app, but can’t find it.

Hope I answered you. BTW, Argus DOES give me active Cals and Sleep too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the new mobile app, you go to 'Discover' and click 'Health & Fitness Stats'. From here you can add Sleep, Weight, Water, Food, etc.

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are not tiles. They are wide white rows with far less information. 

The old dashboard DID HAVE TILES though...! 

Best Answer

If you go to the Discover tab then click on "Health & Fitness Stats" it gives you all the tiles you can add to your dashboard. Just click on the one you want to add and then click "Add to Today"

Best Answer

I had been ALL over the app and online! Thank you for this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The items I want are all checked but I still get the white bar list and no tiles at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate on my dash suddenly disappeared. When I go to Discover it is still checked off. Any idea how I get it back?  I have re-installed twice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes