Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change from 12h to 24h clock setting?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How on earth do you change time from 12 to 24 hour clock?

I’ve checked,rechecked, syncd and re syncd the 24 hour option but still it stays on 12 hour!!!

nb this is the same on my eifes brand new Inspire HR!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ripped70   I understand your frustration.  You started this thread over a year ago and still have had no luck.  I am at a loss to understand and explain why this works for everyone else in the Fitbit universe except for you.

First, I want to say that this is an account setting, not a device setting.  I set mine with my first Fitbit.  Any tracker that I added was automatically on a 24 hour clock.  My point is, it's not related to you using an Inspire HR.

I just switched my account to a 12 clock then back to watch the process.  After making the switch from 24 to 12, then hitting the Submit button, a pale blue banner appeared at the top of my screen.  It read Updated Profile.  I synced my Versa 2 and I was on a 12 hour clock.  I repeated the process to get back to a 24 hour clock.  Do any or all or none of these things happen when you hit the Submit button?

Lastly, this is my out in left field question.  Where are you located?  From time to time, things don't work right in other countries.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Ripped70. From my own experience, this may be a situation where you need to slow down between steps. The instructions are below, although it sounds as if you may have already found them. But this is what I found. When you get to the point where you specify a 24 hour clock, select it then wait for 30 seconds. Tap submit, then wait again. Finally, sync your device. Look at your device to see if it changed. 

• If it does not show the change, restart your device (instructions are here.)
  • Go thru the steps below again.
  • Sync and check your device. 

Please let us know if this helps. 

====================================

HOW DO I CHANGE TO A 12 OR 24 HOUR CLOCK?

To change your clock to a 12 or 24 hour clock:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon.
  2. Choose Settings > Personal Info.
  3. Under Advanced Settings, find Clock Display Time and select whether you want the time shown in 12-hour or 24-hour clock units. 
  4. Click Submit and sync your device.

Best Answer

Hello @Ripped70 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner thanks for all you help. Smiley Happy

@Ripped70 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, please follow @SunsetRunner's instructions and if they're helpful to you, mark her post as a solution. This will be very helpful to other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Hi,
As per your instructions (I’d already done them previously) the Surge is
still on 12 hour clock.
So the instructions/steps to change to 24 hour clock have not helped.
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ripped70 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier and the issue is still at hand. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to set up your Surge as a new device to reset the connection between the phone and your device. Note that all the information previously synced to your account will still be available. 

To set up your Surge as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

After that, try the steps provided by @SunsetRunner before:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon.
  2. Choose Settings > Personal Info.
  3. Under Advanced Settings, find Clock Display Time and select whether you want the time shown in 12-hour or 24-hour clock units. 
  4. Click Submit
  5. Sync your device with the Fitbit app afterwards.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi again,
Thank you for your reply which is appreciated, however, after following
both yours and Carols instructions I an no further forward in resolving the
issue.
This all started when my wife bought the new Inspire HR.
Prior to setting hers up (which, by the way also shows 12 hour clock only)
mine was showing the 24 clock.

Suffice to say, I cannot be bothered to faff on so have changed the clock
face on mine to analogue!

Many thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ripped70 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your have come back and updated this thread. Thanks for the information you have provided, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more to share about this, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly.

Thanks for your updates and report, if there's anything else you might want to add, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Charge 2. I have tried everything!!!!!

I keep following the directions once I get to advanced setting it does not ask me if I want 12 or 24 hours just "set automatically" & "Time Zone". I am so irritated with it I want to step on it!!!!!. 

Best Answer
Hi Jodi,
Thank goodness its not just me!
In addition to the ‘non fix’ 24 hour clock issue, my strap has broken and I
have been advised by Fitbit that there is NO replacement for the Surge
tracker, leaving me with a tracker that works ok but I cannot wear it!

In fairness to Fitbit, they have offered me an excellent deal to purchase a
new tracker.
That said, I have decided to purchase an Apple Watch Series 5 to replace
the Surge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jodi.bensley wrote:

I have the same issue with my Charge 2. I have tried everything!!!!!

I keep following the directions once I get to advanced setting it does not ask me if I want 12 or 24 hours just "set automatically" & "Time Zone". I am so irritated with it I want to step on it!!!!!. 

Hi @jodi.bensley and welcome to the Help forums.  You posted this in the iOS app forum.  You cannot change to a 24 hour clock on the phone app.  You need to do it on fitbit.com using a web browser.  @SunsetRunner and @MarcoGFitbit have posted the instructions in this thread.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Hello,
Re the reply to use the Fitbit.com to change 24 hour clock?
I have tried relentlessly to do this via Fitbit and still no luck.
It seems neither IOS or FITBIT can resolve this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ripped70   I understand your frustration.  You started this thread over a year ago and still have had no luck.  I am at a loss to understand and explain why this works for everyone else in the Fitbit universe except for you.

First, I want to say that this is an account setting, not a device setting.  I set mine with my first Fitbit.  Any tracker that I added was automatically on a 24 hour clock.  My point is, it's not related to you using an Inspire HR.

I just switched my account to a 12 clock then back to watch the process.  After making the switch from 24 to 12, then hitting the Submit button, a pale blue banner appeared at the top of my screen.  It read Updated Profile.  I synced my Versa 2 and I was on a 12 hour clock.  I repeated the process to get back to a 24 hour clock.  Do any or all or none of these things happen when you hit the Submit button?

Lastly, this is my out in left field question.  Where are you located?  From time to time, things don't work right in other countries.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Hi, thank you for your email and explanation, I am in the UK
When I first received my Fitbit Surge (nb not Inspire HR) the 24 hour clock
worked fine, whether or not it went belly up due to updates etc I have no
idea.
So, yes as you say over a year and still not sorted.
Since my first query the Surge strap has split rendering the tracker
useless (confirmation from Fitbit there is not a replacement strap
available) poor show FITBIT.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have just bought an Apple watch series
5 44mm and am confident I wont suffer issues ala the Surge.
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No longer accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LauraMcL.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your feedback. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts. You can confirm the steps to change to a 12 or 24 hour clock in this help article: How do I change to a 12 or 24 hour clock?

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Thank you so much for your email and advice, sadly, Fitbit couldn’t repair
my tracker’s strap, I was left with a perfectly good working tracker that I
couldn’t wear So I got rid and bought an Apple Watch.
Regards
Paul
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @Ripped70.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I understand how you are feeling and respect your decision. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you and provide a solution based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and respect your decision. Hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes