Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete old food logs?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying delete old food entries from last year. Does anyone know how to? Been trying to figure it out for ages. Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. In order to delete previous food logs (even from a year ago), please follow these steps:

1. In the Fitbit app tap on the Food tile. 
  2. Scroll down until you find the date containing the log you want to delete
  3. Tap on that day
  4. In the next screen select the log you want to delete
  5. Tap on the ellipsis (...) icon on the top right corner
  6. Select Delete Log. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. 

Please provide the current way to delete food logs in the app and/or via a browser. 

Best Answer

Hello @kirbala, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always nice to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience. Please note that the method described earlier is currently working when you want to delete a food log. I would like to add some more information though to guide you through the process:

1. After tapping on the Food tile, tap on the specific day where your food log will be deleted.DeleteFood1.png

2. Tap on the day and you will be redirected to this screen, where you can select the exact food log to delete:DeleteFood2.png

3. After selecting the food log, tap on the ellipsis icon on the top right corner:DeleteFood3.png

4. You will have the option to delete the Food log after tapping the button. DeleteFood4.png

Now, if you'd like to delete the Food log from the online Dashboard, go to the Food section of it and follow these steps:

1. Select the date of the log. 

2. On the lower portion of the section, you'll be able to see all your food logs, to delete one of them click on the (x). DeleteFoodDashboard.PNG

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I may assist you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess Fitbit really just doesn't want us to delete the logs? 

I have logs from 2-3 years ago that I have deleted multiple times and they are STILL present. 

Also, when I am logged into the browser I can't see what dates my old logs are unless I go back day by day. Do you really want me to go back 700+ days, one at a time, and delete each item line by line, only to have it show up again later? 

Please provide a way to DELETE OLD LOGS without taking hours of guesswork and useless clicks. 

Also, the method provided does NOT work in the app. It is NOT giving a "Delete Log" button at all. Nor does it let me delete the food line by line like in the browser. 

Please provide a realistic way to delete these in the browser and the current way to delete these in the app. 

Yes, my app is updated. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hello @kirbala, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for coming back to me. I understand it's not ideal for you to delete your food logs one by one, which is why I would like to suggest you to check @fusball's suggested idea to improve this feature. 

Please note that in the online Dashboard you can click on the "Select" dropdown for a calendar to appear where you will be able to select the date of your choice. 

Now, when it comes to the Fitbit app, if you're not getting the option to delete Food logs, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of what you're able to see in the app when you tap on the ellipsis (...) icon on the top right corner, so I can forward it to our team. This way, they will be able to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to delete logs from 2 years ago with the information you've shared on this thread. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BusyMamaHere, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps on this thread were very helpful for you, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. On step two, my screen is different from the one pictured. I only have meal summaries; not individual food entries. Even if there were foods listed, it would take a ridiculous amount of time to delete years of food logs. This is frustrating enough to make me want to switch to another fitness tracker, despite the fact that I just got a Charge 3 for Christmas.

Could I just delete my Fitbit account and create a new one?

Best Answer

So there is no way to delete all of them at once instead of having to click each one and them each entry to delete. Very time consuming!

Best Answer