Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up notifications on my Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I got my device for Christmas and I have not been successful in setting up to recieve text, phone and calendar notifications from my phone.  I've followed all of the instructions in the forums and I'm still not able to get it to work.  Can someone please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

May I ask which phone model you are having problems with @JenMidland 

I assume you have read the help docs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an IPhone 8 and yes, I have read and tried all of the solutions.  The one thing that I see that is different from the help docs, my Versa 2 only shows up on my list of Bluetooth devices when the app is open and connected so I’m unable to select “forget this device” as most of the solutions have suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like your app never bonded the phone to the Bluetooth. This Bluetooth connection usually happens when setting up notifications. 

Removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth is for when the tracker doesn't sync but you say that you do not have a sync issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I tried drastic measures.  I deleted the app off of my phone and did a hard restart on the IPhone.  I then completely restarted the tracker, complete factory reset from the settings menu and then started over from scratch as if I had just received the device.  Set up went fine, it spent a bit of time updating the tracker and then once I completed the tracker and app set up, I clicked on the device from the app and clicked on notifications to try look at and set up notifications in order to begin to receive phone, msg and other alerts from my phone onto the tracker and I get the message that "Bluetooth Pairing Required" and when I hit set up the wheel next to notifications spins for awhile and then nothing happens.  Meanwhile the bluetooth devices list shows that the Versa 2 is connected.  This is exactly what was happening before.  My daughter just got hers and she completed her set up and she gets msg alerts, phone alerts and we went for a bike ride yesterday and she was able to see the mph, distance traveled etc right from her tracker and I can't see any of that.  Any ideas what could be happening?  Do I need to call tech support?  Is it broken, do I need a replacement?  Is it my phone?  My daughter has an IPhone XR by the way but we are using the same IOS software version.  I'm really stuck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also should mention that I am unable to turn on All day Sync.  It gives me the same "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message and then nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenMidland on android I tap the message that say Bluetooth pairing required. 

The Fitbit app then requests permission to pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I'm going to need to call the company because none of these suggestions work.  I'm not sure if it is my phone or the tracker.  Many thanks for your help thus far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenMidland ace you have an iOS device issue , with no mention of iOS on the title of the thread. Would you like me to move this thread to the iOS board? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich.  I chatted directly with Fitbit this am and they were unable to figure it out so they've escalated it to the next level tech support so I think it is a more challenging problem to fix.  If you'd like to move it please go ahead, I will take all of the help i can get.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moved, the issue is I only know what I've read on these boards about iOS. And there where no iOS users that stumbled into this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenMidland and @Rich_Laue -

The development team has been aware of the issue, to my knowledge, since the 31st of January. I provided five screen shots from within the app itself and a sixth screen shot showing that the pairing never gets finalized.

The board post that started it all was last updated by myself yesterday and as of this moment is still on the first page of this board.

My last communication from the team on February 10th stated "We'd like to share that our specialize team is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, and you will notice when this gets fixed when they find a solution."

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

is it strictly an iPhone 8 issue?  my daughter got her Versa 2 earlier this week and had no problems.  she has an XR though

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenMidland -

It is not surprising that most posts regarding this issue do not reference the iPhone model number.

As such, I really can't say.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes