Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log food from previous days.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I forget to log food one day, that day disappears from the previous day list so I cannot go back and enter on the App. I did however find a post that said I could log in to Fitbit.com website and log in food that way. This may be true but is not convenient. Surely it would be better do this within the App. Are there any plans to add this feature...?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Eros1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, please note that you can log foods from previous daysthrough the Fitbit app without inconveniences. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Food tile and tap on the plus (+) sign to start adding your log.
  2. Start logging your food as you normally do, searching for it or selecting a Custom food. 
  3. On the next screen, under Date, instead of saving the food under Today, use the dropdown selections to choose the date of your log.
  4. Tap on Save to finish.

FoodDate.png

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Eros1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, please note that you can log foods from previous daysthrough the Fitbit app without inconveniences. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Food tile and tap on the plus (+) sign to start adding your log.
  2. Start logging your food as you normally do, searching for it or selecting a Custom food. 
  3. On the next screen, under Date, instead of saving the food under Today, use the dropdown selections to choose the date of your log.
  4. Tap on Save to finish.

FoodDate.png

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear MarcoG

many thanks for the welcome and speedy reply and the method for logging past days food. Got it. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Eros1, I hope you're doing well, I'm very glad to know my instructions were helpful for you and that you were able to log food from previous days! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have tried and Kept clicking on the date / today but there is no drop down menu showing there.

could you please help?

Best Answer

Hello @Jihad10, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Would it be possible for you to reply to us with a screenshot of what you're able to see when you try to update your exercise? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's all right now thanks. It seems that if I do it from scratch it works,
but I can't change a previous food item entry once saved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jihad10, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know everything's all right now. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am at a total loss as to what this menu is where you have a taken a screen shot.  No such date menu has ever been available to me in any way, shape or form.  I started trying FB again for logging food but it is so excruciating that I need to go back to MFP.  I could eat the same thing for 100 days in a row and if I type the word to search for it, it's either 25th down the list or it's not there at all.  No, I do not want to scroll down several lists for every food I eat.  There is absolutely zero intuitive recognition and I am completely baffled as to why that is.

Best Answer

I have no drop-down menu available to me.

Best Answer

6146E526-8122-49BB-9F50-06B4A7FE7F69.png

Best Answer

Hi,

The above direction helps partially (although it’s super annoying to have to keep changing the date), but I’m not able to do the same thing for quick calorie additions to a previous day. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been quite a frustrating experience, and this app is limited as compared to "My Fitness Pal".  There is no drop-down menu access for dates on the food log.  At least 3 other people have stated this between 2018 - 2020 and there's been no response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gypsie210 and welcome to the Community.  You can log specific foods and Quick Calories for previous days.

• Tap on the main part of your Food tile on your phone app, not the "+" sign
  • Tap on the day that needs the additional food
  • Tap on the "+" sign in the upper right of that screen
  • Now you can log specific foods and Quick Calories for that day
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes