Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a deleted exercise log?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I accidentally deleted my exercise data that I did earlier today from my iOS . I am using Fitbit blaze. How do I get back the data ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit app. I understand how helpful it'd be to have this option and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

While there isn't a recover option when deleting an exercise, I'd recommend adding your vote to this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board. This will help our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. Additionally, as mentioned before, you can follow the steps described in this help article to manually log your activities and get credit for your efforts.

To keep the forums organized, I'm going to close this thread. However, if you have another question, you can always create a new thread to receive help from the Community. Fitbit constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @hasnihassan, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. At this moment it's not possible to recover a deleted exercise. If you like you can add the same exercise as a manually logged activity, but it's possible the information won't be exactly as the one shown in the deleted exercise. 

I understand your concern about this situation, which is why I would like to suggest you to check @Pat018's suggested idea to implement a feature that allows a user to retrieve a deleted exercise. Feel free to add your vote and comment to this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

So I can’t bring up the deleted exercise tile? I was not wearing my Fitbit blaze while playing tennis and I accidentally deleted it. I can see the steps only. 

Man I not going to be logging my Fitbit Coach now when I wear the Fitbit.  

This is crazy! First my steps are counted when driving, now this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bonberd I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking joining the conversation. 

Would it be possible to clarify to me is you're missing the "exercise tile" or one of your exercises? Are you also having trouble with Fitbit Coach activities? Which device are you currently wearing? 

This information will be helpful for us to check this further and determine what we should do next. Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me and I am a little upset over how easy it was to delete it. There should absolutely be a option asking you if you are sure you want to delete this exercise. I mean, just one simple swipe of my finger to access all options and my exercise was gone. I worked hard on my run to gather all that information and for it to be so easily deleted is very upsetting!

Best Answer

Hello, I think you can download a third-party tool to your IOS device, it's the qiokest way to get back your exercise log. And I recommend the Bitwar data recovery, it's not a well-known tool but has strong functions, maybe you can have  try. Hope you can find back your log soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you can first refer to your history. Generally, when you deleted them, they were still stored in some places of your iOS. But if you still can not find your log, you can download the Bitwar Data Recovery tool to get them back; it's the quickest way as I think. Hope you can recover your exercise log soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, there totally needs to be an “are you sure?” step.

Especially as it was an accidental swipe for me. It wasn’t like I decided to delete it then changed my mind.

Best Answer

@mikeydag   @User193   Other users have reported that a left swipe on an exercise has caused a hard delete.  You are supposed to get a screen like this:

IMG_0495.PNG

Fitbit is aware of this.  I don't have a timeframe for a fix.  My only recommendation is to avoid that left swipe.  If you tap on the exercise to get the details, you will get the ellipsis, with the option to delete.  You will get an "are you sure?" step.  I have added both of you usernames to the other thread.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I’m disappointed with this as well, especially because as you scroll down, the dots under the main title are still visible, and it looks like you are SUPPOSED to swipe left.  I have a screenshot to share if able.

Re-entering the workout manually is also not a proper solution or fix - you cannot enter a “workout” manually, only walking and running activities.  The other issue is that it doesn’t take away your steps accrued during the workout, so if you manually re-enter the workout your steps will be double-counted.

I’m with the community that this is shocking how easy a workout is to delete, and how impossible to recover.  That should have been a feature a decade ago.  That’s not technology -that’s intelligence.  Hoping the fix comes quickly!

Best Answer

This has obviously been a problem since Day One... and still not fixed. Question: Why is there even an option to Delete an exercise session?  Simply remove the option:  problem solved.  Fitbit obviously has no interest in solving this issue; otherwise, they would have come up with something in close to two years.. Rather, on to the new models and their fancy bells and whistles. That says it all.

Best Answer

Very frustrating! Agree it is a poor feature that should be removed

Best Answer

The link you gave is archived and can not be accessed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have lost teh details my runs on Monday and this morning.

I see that it is not possible to retrieve them.

Can you tell me what I may have done to lose them?

From my perspective they just went after I had seen them 

Best Answer

Hello Ian 41,  Sorry to hear you've joined the Where Did It Go? club. In my case, when I clicked on my phone to exit the exercise page, a screen came up with two options, one of which is 'Delete' and happened to be right under my fingertip which I did not even see.  I pressed quickly to exit... and deleted the entire exercise session, irretrievably and never to be seen again.  I have since downloaded the Fitbit app onto my laptop, and do any in-depth follow-up that way, rather than on my phone.  It's working for me.

Best Answer
Thanks Matilda

I have the Fitbit app on my phone but not on my computer. I’ll take you advice and do this.
Having read other posts, I think I must have swiped left and inadvertently touched the wrong part of my screen.

My Fitbit was a gift.
It is great to be able to see the run route, the overall time , splits, average time per lap and heart rate.
It seems to me that the programming of the Fitbit gives priority to the number of steps, calories burnt etc. These things are of lesser importance to a runner. I imagine that the sales pitch is not aimed primarily towards those who are serious about their own exercise physiology.
This disappointing.

Thanks for your post

Ian
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share your experience and feedback about the "Delete" option for an exercise and the way to recover the deleted information. I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for sharing the tips to help other users. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

While there isn't an option to recover information that was deleted, you can log your exercise manually in the Fitbit app. To do that, please follow these steps: How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

To share additional feedback or if you want to see features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. You can do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

so frustrating, the same thing just happened to me too.  Fitbit need to sort out this problem.  How easy is it to delete an exercise and then have no option to restore.  In addition, it sometimes syncs to strava and sometimes it doesn't - so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was a most annoying problem for me . I had one annoying episode of my Fitbit watch failing to sync with my phone. The details were lost forever.
After this the watch went well for about three or four weeks then after a run went black. All the charging and factory reset attempts were in vain.
Now the dud Fitbit watch sits in my drawer. In the back of the drawer was my very old Garmin. It now holds its charge and works reliably, remembering the distance and time.

The Fitbit looked much better and had many more features. I’m not keen for another Fitbit.

Ian41
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just done the same. Most annoying and so easy to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes