Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync Apple Watch with Fitbit challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do u sync Apple Watch with Fitbit so you can still do challenges with friends like thework week hustle does anyone know what to do

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Omgwhynot, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, only Fitbit trackers can sync information with the Fitbit app, the Apple Watch can't. If you'd still want to participate you can set up MobileTrack in your iPhone, taking in consideration your phone is on the list of compatible devices. Steps taken with MobileTrack will count to your challenge even if you don't have a Fitbit tracker set up in your account.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

is there a way to use mobiletrack with the apple watch?

Best Answer

Hi. This may have been asked before but I like to switch back and forth once in a while between my charge 2 and my Apple Watch. If I enable mobile track will it be able to track from my Fitbit when I wear it but then my phone when I don’t have my Fitbit or will mobile track override my Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hello @snigacookie and @jgatto, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@snigacookie, please keep in mind that MobileTrack only works with your phone, it's not available on the Apple Watch.

@jgatto, if you set up MobileTrack on your phone and you're not wearing your Fitbit tracker, the app will pull up the steps from MobileTrack, however, if you're wearing your tracker, the app will give priority to the tracker over MobileTrack when syncing. Please note that if you have synced steps with MobileTrack, if you sync your tracker before putting it on, the steps from MobileTrack will show up in the tracker. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any plans to read the steps from Apple Health vs using Mobile Tracking on the iPhone?  This way Apple Watch users could also leverage the steps from their watch similar to what Nokia Health Mate and other apps are doing?   

Best Answer

Hello @Smittty, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern and how important it is for you that MobileTrack can sync with Apple Health. At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature; however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

I hope this can be helpful and resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to echo @Smitty here, to be another vocal vote.  I just lost a Workweek Hustle challenge because MobileTrack was 10,000 steps less than my Apple Watch. Man Sad

Best Answer

Hello @drahos, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the decision taken in regards of having MobileTrack syncing with Apple Health. Please keep in mind that while there are no plans to implement this in the near future, in case our team has any news to share about this partnership, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks for  your participation in the forums, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would pay money for a Fitbit app on my iPhone......monthly or yearly or a one time fee.  I miss the challenges with my Apple Watch.  Figure it out Fitbit, you are missing out on a ton of money from Apple Watch users that want this!

Best Answer

Hello @Jlruiz17, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your participation in the forums, I understand you would like to use and sync your Apple Watch with the Fitbit app. Please note that this is not currently possible and it's not currently planned. However, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I agree! I literally hate that you can’t sync the 2 apps (Apple & FItbit). Even if we had to go so that it could I would and I bet lots of other ppl would do the same. Come on Fitbit and Apple make this a lot user friendly for everyone! 

Best Answer

I agree. I bought the Ionic and loved it until the last update that has bugged notifications among other things. I got sick of waiting for Fitbit to fix it so I just purchased an Apple Watch. I am definitely going to miss the challenges but love my new watch.

Best Answer

Apple has never played nice with others.  I think the inquiry has to be made to have apple work with Fitbit.  I would love an Apple Watch but they don't want it to work with my Samsung phone so they loose out on customers as well by insisting I need an IPhone to use an Apple watch.  Apple would have my money and other's I know if they would be more agreeable to work with others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a reason that Apple and Fitbit don't play well with others.  Each company wants to keep and grow their own customers in their respective eco-systems.  What I mean by this is...Fitbit has zero interest in losing paying customers who buy their devices to iWatch owners. Fitbit wants people to buy Fitbit devices not Apples iWatch. Fitbit makes money by selling their devices.  They don't make money when people buy iWatches. Fitbit challenges and community is made up of Fitbit device owners.  These Fitbit device owners will always buy new devices when new ones come out and or when theirs break.  Selling FitBit devices makes them money.  The Fitbit community/challenges etc, is used to keep the Fitbit owners engaged and entertained..keeps them excited about using Fitbit.  It is called a social aspect.  Your Fitbit would not be as exciting if you could not share and compete with no one but yourself.  This Fitbit community is a strong motivator and pull for people to keep using Fitbit.  If you were to use an iWatch you would lose the community you compete with.  This would make you hesitate when wanting to replace your Fitbit with an iWatch.  It hurts you emotionally.  You loose your community and thus feel isolated and or depressed.  You would have to build a new community of iWatch friends.  This is ALL Marketing 101 if you go to University.  There is a huge science behind all of this.  Big dollars are spent to keep you buying Fitbit and not Apple watch or vice versa.  All companies from food companies to smart watches employ this type of science.

(To directly reply to your statement... Apple wants you to buy an iPhone not a Samsung phone.  Apple sells iPhone not Samsung phones.   

Best Answer
I understand that they want to keep people on their platform and away from their biggest competitor. I have been using a Fitbit for about 6 years, maybe more. I own stock in Fitbit (FIT) and I want them to make money. Perhaps they could have a subscription method, or something.
My issue is that I use a Fitbit Zip and I own an Apple Watch. The watch is more accurate than the Zip and it’s a watch- I’m always wearing it. When I sync my Fitbit and it has fewer steps than my watch (an average of 10,000 steps lower per week), it causes me to lose challenges I would’ve otherwise won. It’s disheartening, and I don’t use it anymore. I still would like to be able to do the challenges and such, but there’s no solution for me. I’m not going to go buy a Fitbit Versa and wear it with my Apple Watch; nor would I want to replace my Apple Watch with it, it’s new.
If you can suggest a happy medium, I would be very grateful.
Best Answer

I completely understand where you’re going with this and I mean no disrespect but this is just as silly as saying Sony TVs and Blu-ray players will only play Sony produced movies. It’s really short sighted on Fitbits part. I explained this when I said it was a really powerful platform they have that people who own Apple Watches would still like to be part of their community. But my post was too controversial for them so the admin deleted it and told me it was “off topic” to the post. I’ve since gone back to my Apple Watch and purchased one for my wife so we can share eachothers activity with eachother. The only reason I still see these posts are because I get email notifications from Fitbit. I no longer use their app or devices. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for voicing your feedback and insight about this situation. At this moment, as mentioned earlier integration between Apple Health and Fitbit is not currently planned. For more information, please refer to @KateFitbit's post about this subject

As there's nothing else to add, I will now close this thread. Please keep an eye for further announcements in case this changes in the future.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes