Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

As previously noted uninstalling the app will not resolve the issue and is not recommended. I continue to update the thread as we work towards a fix. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Is it the recent update to the IOS app?

Why should I be receiving this message?Why?Why?

The account is used daily - so many issues following recent FitBit updates

Great product - awful App!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject. 

Best Answer

Hello @Wolfman1959, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment I would like to ask you to log in to your account after tapping on Recover, as it seems someone accessed your account and requested to delete it, I will strongly suggest you to reset your password. If you even come across this pop-up again and you haven't requested your account to be deleted (by going to Account > Manage Account), please let me know so I can forward this to our team. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please feel free to reply if there's anything else I can help you with. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit can you help me out?  I have the same problem, when I click "Recover" however, I get "oops, something went wrong. Please try again"  What do i do?

Best Answer

Hello @hopegal, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I appreciate you have already tried to tap on "recover". At this moment I would like to suggest you to update the app if you haven't done it yet and then try again. If the app is fully updated, please uninstall it, restart your phone and reinstall the app. After that, try to log in again to your account and if you're still getting the same error message, please let me know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Awesome @MarcoGFitbit!  Thanks so much, I had uninstalled the app previously but had not restarted the phone prior to restarting.  Following your instructions worked and got me back in business.  Thanks again!!!

Best Answer

Hello @hopegal, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there I too am getting the account pending deletion message when trying to log in. After pressing recover I then get the oops something went wrong message. The reason I logged out in the first place was the app wasn’t syncing. Could it be connected to the server I am using on an offshore vessel ? 

Best Answer

I too am having this issue. When I press "recover", it says, "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again".

I've reinstalled the app and restarted my phone. I've logged into the desktop version (it had no sign of any pending deletion notice) and changed my password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

I am getting the same error and followed the steps shared.

uninstalled the app, restarted my iphone and then installed the app and tried to lgin but no success.

please help and do the needful.

Best Answer

I am getting the same error and logged in successfully to website from my login. But, while login to app getting pending deletion message.

Please check and update.

Best Answer

26FDAC89-5B7F-4EFB-8BBE-B81EE20B40D4.jpeg

FA85CC1B-2EDC-4F0B-8665-29265CA096A3.jpeg

Please help. 

Best Answer

I’ve deleted the app. I’ve restarted my phone. Still not luck on the app. Please help 

Best Answer

I’ve even changed password. I’ve turned WiFi off. Still not working. 

Best Answer

unfortunately nothing works. Have tried restarting the phone, changing the password, uninstalling the app, still get the message 'oops something went wrong"...please help

Best Answer

I am also having this issue

Best Answer

I too am having the same issue since this AM. I have followed all steps provided by support to no avail.

Best Answer

I too am having the same issue. I have followed all steps recommended by Fitbit Support, to no avail.

Best Answer

I tried this several times and it did not work.  I'm still receiving the error message.  Help!

Best Answer

This solution does not work!!!!

Best Answer