Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

My device is an iPhone 7 32 GB

iOS 11.3.1

Fitbit app Version iOS 2.51

Best Answer

My device is iPhone 7+ version 11.3.1 32 GB 

Fitbit version iOS 2.51

Best Answer
Sorry to hear you have this issue.
I guess I was fortunate in that having made the changes stated when I logged this comment, within 48 hours the situation cleared, furthermore, it has not reoccurred.
I stand by my comment, great piece of kit but awful app! Shame FitBit don't seem the listen ☹️😡

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating the app on my iphone SE it is asks me to login, which is when I get the message "This account is pending deletion". I've deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted in recovery mode, and changed my password (following "solved" solution from another post on this forum) to no avail. Is this the end of my fitbit? I could have sworn the end would come when I absentmindedly submerged my arm in a full sink of water, not this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made. At this time, we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I experience this issue.

Uninstalled reinstalled the phone app to no avail (saw your comment suggesting that won't help later).

Can log in the browser ok.

There's no sense in life anymore! 😉

Just kidding, but please fix.

Best Answer

So MarcoFitBit says to uninstall the app and you say not to. Who is correct? And why is my account pending deletion when it is not?

Best Answer

Has this been solved yet? 

Best Answer

Still can’t log into Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

I am also having this issue. I have not been able to login for the past 3 days. @KateFitbit Do you have any updates? I don't know where my USB thing is to sync via my computer so am losing my stats (and I'm walking a lot!).

Thank you!

Best Answer

5F2A6096-C5E4-4A66-ABFE-41F6F5F4C8F7.jpeg

I have same problem too in my change 2. Despite of uninstall, reinstall, reset password. None of them work. My phone i7 plus with iOS 11.3.1 and Fitbit version 2.51.

Best Answer

@enutrof As I mentioned yesterday uninstalling the app will not work. 

@dmoneyNYC We are actively investigating this issue, I'll update the thread as soon as I hear more. I know this is not ideal at all. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reseted my password and all the other steps you suggest and I’m still receiving a pending account deletion error. What am I to do to fix his? I updated today and this is beyond infuriating. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

This is due to the latest app update. Many of us are getting the same issue. It’s not your password. 

Best Answer

Same pending seletion issue. Can login online but the app is blocking me. Tried pswd reset and ubinstalling app. Not working. 

Frustrated. 

Best Answer

Note I am having the same issue on my phone, but works fine on my iPad. If you have another device, you may want to use that until they get this thing figured out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue too. Changed my password, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and no dice. I can log into the desktop version just fine though. Guess I need to find my Fitbit dongle! 

Best Answer

Still nothing!!!!!  I love my fit bit but it is useless without the app!!!!!  Help!!!!!

Best Answer

Hi Everyone -Thanks again for your reports. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

As I mentioned in my original post, uninstalling and reinstalling the app or changing your password will not resolve the issue. Those workarounds are not recommended at this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There,

This is happening to me as well. I try to log in and I can't on my phone. It says my account is pending deletion (which I did not request) and when I try to recover it just says something went wrong. I can log into the website on my computer. This happened after the app updated (automatically) on Wednesday and since that time, I can't log in. I have turned on and off the phone, updated the new iOS, closed the app. I see that it isn't recommended to uninstall the app - any other guidance?

GJ

Best Answer
0 Votes