Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

I have already been looking at new apple watches. Pretty nice features!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I’m looking into the Apple Watch as well.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same issue. account pending deletion error message. please help

Best Answer

I’m lucky to be able to log my Fitbit with my iPad. Unfortunately I still can’t with my iPhone since I updated. Over all it stinks. But Fitbit will fix this. No need to leave Fitbit. Things happen but they get fixed. We can hope it’s sooner rather then later. But I’m sure Fitbit is trying to fix this this. Fitbits holds data for sometime so when you go to sync it will have a few days of steps syncing. So keep getting steps and wait for this error to be fixed. They will fix it. 

Best Answer

I am not able to log into fitbit app 

Best Answer

I did everything mentioned in this thread. But no success. 

Just waiting for the fitbit team to do some magic and release an update. 

Its not end of the world if u can’t login into my Fitbit app. I can wait. I got Apple Watch and fitbit. I hardly check their apps. It’s basically the watch which we use and right now it’s working Great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are all trying to be patient on Fitbit team to fix this issue but honestly it is not quite acceptable for this issue has been going on and we hardly hear ANY update from Fitbit team like 3 or 4 days ago and since the issue has been going on for more than a week already. Very disappointed on Fitbit customer services.

Best Answer

I agree.  It's not convenient to have to log into a computer or get my ipad out to see my stats or sync my fitbit.  It should never take this long to get a fix for the app to work properly.  I am also very disappointed on the Fitbit customer service on this issue.

Best Answer

I agree as well. I haven’t been able to log in to the app since Friday! It’s now Wednesday I’ve contacted customer service multiple times but no one has updated me at all. It is getting very frustrating. I understand things happen but it seems like it isn’t getting fixed I have never seen an app take this long to get fixed. 

Best Answer

Is there still no fix to this issue?  It has been a week.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit, It has now been over 5 days since your last reply and wellllll over a week since it was reported.  If this is that big of a deal could I recommend your management put a different or another developer on the issue??

Why is this that big of issue?   Glad you asked....

My company actually pays its employees for being active and without being able to log in to register my activity via device I am loosing out quite a bit.  And saying "log in with your PC/tablet" Is NOT a suitable option... not everyone has a tablet, and I know many people are like me in that their new mac cannot take the old dongle without an adapter (even if I had it) OR they may not have a non-public machine to sync with.

Please talk to your management as I'm sure they would hate to loose out on selling 10's of 1000's of Fitbits to our employees as they switched over to the other option of an Apple watch 😕

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit @KateFitbit Is there any new information you can provide re: the timeline for a fix? Setting a reasonable expectation for a fix would be a great start. Are we hours, days, or weeks away?

Best Answer
Try using a friends phone that had Fitbit. You should be able to log into there and get your steps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand why you are so annoyed. Maybe a coworker would be nice and let you log into Fitbit on there phone so you can sync on there. Your device should hold like 5 days if steps on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been able to sync only through my husbands IOS 7plus. Makes zero sense to me! No resolution STILL?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

As previously noted uninstalling the app will not resolve the issue and is not recommended. I continue to update the thread as we work towards a fix. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

this works. i followed the steps and issue resolved. but i wish to keep my name with Special characters.

Best Answer

Confirmed. This worked for me. Thank you for the update and the suggestion.

Best Answer

@LU3J8@vaidyaswami great to hear and thanks for sharing. The team is working on a resolution for this so hopefully you will be able to add back your characters after it's fixed. I'm glad it's getting you back in the app for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it only iPhone 7 Plus which got affected?

Anyone on different device experiencing the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes