Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152
Thank you! You have made a lot of angry people happy!!! Nice to be able to use my phone over my iPad. Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi where can i find this option in my flexbit website login can you explain more detail pls

Best Answer

That worked!!! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay! Worked for me too!! Thanks!!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me as well. I’m back in!!! Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I logged into the Fitbit website account. Went to device settings. There is no ‘General’ menu item. I’m REALLY frustrated. Please help.

Nicole Lumetta
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in @KateFitbit... thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nlumetta  General menu on your iPhone not Fitbit account

Best Answer

This works! Not sure why my phone’s nickname impacts the app but after a week without it, I am glad to have it back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with iPhone X but this fix works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nlumetta They mean for you to log into the ‘General’ settings on your phone not on your Fitbit Account.

Best Answer
I have an 8 plus

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you send some screen shots on how to do this with a blaze?  There is no "General", "About" or "Name" option on my screen when I click on settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Options available when you click on settings for the blaze using the blaze:  "Quick view", "Brightness", "Bluetooth Classic", "Heart Rate", "Regulatory Info", "Version Number" and "Shutdown".

When I log on to my account via computer and click on view account settings there is no "general" option.  I can see my first and last name, which is correct, but it is Fitbit that has abbreviated my last name to "W." and attached the special character - my full last name is listed on the account....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I am fairly Tech savvy and I didn’t even understand the ask was to change the device name of your iphone device and NOT your fit bit device name. Once changed the phone name it works immediately. Yes, seems strange how it's related to the name of your phone, but some back end dev will experience hiccups with special characters, from my limited experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Andrew.  That worked.  
Not personally keen on having to rename my device to make it "fitbit" compatible.  Apple Phone will be here tomorrow!
Duane
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the settings on your phone (not the app) to follow the steps suggested. 23EAE917-360A-4F43-8373-51F585C195A9.jpeg

Best Answer
Got it Sheery.  Thank you.  Seems an odd fix though...
Now get stepping!:)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the name, logged into the app and then changed the name back to what it was and I am still able to get into the app....👍🏾

Best Answer
0 Votes
Worked for me too...strange solution

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes