Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152
I tried with my computer and my ipad. Please find a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Having same issue, and cannot sync , HELP!! My Fitbit worthless as no way to sync now !!!! Please advise
Best Answer

I have unpaired my Fitbit with iPhone and paired with Windows 10. The data has updated in Fitbit dashboard. It’s not so convenient but I believe this is the workaround that works better than nothing. Please tigger us when it is fixed so that we can switch back to iPhone app. A more real time feature that we are looking for. Thanks.

Best Answer

By when wil we get update for

iphone

Best Answer

Did not work for me , ready to send my blaze back
--

moderator edit: personal information 

Best Answer

I was able to synch through a pc too, but you can't really carry one of those around with you to log food or to track the amount of water that you drink.  Please update the iOS soon!

Best Answer

I have this problem. Logging on with another device does not solve the issue. I am looking forward to a timely solution, since I cannot see any data, nor make any changes on my fitibit currently. 

Best Answer

Can you please provide an update on fix- its been over a week now?? NO app, then Fitbit is useless and will be returning and writing a review. 

Best Answer

Are there any updates on this problem?

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Could we please get some updates on this as i am operating from a borrowed phone just to make this work? Should we be moving on from Fitbit and its inefficiency with the iOS platform?

Best Answer

did the same and this annoying error keeps on coming. I hope fitbit resolves this error

Best Answer

dear Marco,

i have tried your tips to recover the app but was all unsuccessful. Is there hope with this app? Users are getting FRUSTRATED! Appreciate your help

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @hopegal, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I appreciate you have already tried to tap on "recover". At this moment I would like to suggest you to update the app if you haven't done it yet and then try again. If the app is fully updated, please uninstall it, restart your phone and reinstall the app. After that, try to log in again to your account and if you're still getting the same error message, please let me know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Have done all the steps and still get account pending deletion

--
moderator edit: personal information 

Best Answer

This is becoming ridiculous! What’s the point of having a Fitbit if you can’t use the app?  Is there a solution or not?  We keep receiving the same suggestions. Install. Uninstall. Nothing works!!!!

Best Answer

I can’t use Fitbit.com. It hasn’t updated

/synced since the update occurred. 

Best Answer

SAME PROBLEM HERE...

PISSED

Best Answer

Ahh

I feel so disappear 

What the hell?

What are you doing with it on iOs ?

I can't take it EASY

moderator edit: punctuation 

Best Answer

I too am getting the account pending deletion message when trying to log in. After pressing recover I then get the oops something went wrong message. The reason I logged out in the first place was the app wasn’t syncing. Could it be connected to the server I am using on an offshore vessel ? 

So Angryyyyyyyyyyy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the app isn't working I tried syncing my fitbit to my PC, but it wouldn't connect. I tried on 3 different PC's with no luck. Then I tried syncing my wife's long neglected fitbit to my PC and it worked. Could the app malfunction have ruined my previous fitbit?

Best Answer

I’m about to buy an Apple Watch...

Best Answer