Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 6/11/2018: Account Pending Deletion Error message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/11/2018: Hello! This issue has been resolved in app version 2.52. Please update your app if you haven't already. Thanks for your patience and flexibility with using the workaround. 

Update 5/30/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. We believe this may have to do with account settings. If you are still unable to log in, I have a workaround that you might want to try: 

- Open your device's settings menu.
- Tap on 'General', 'About', and then 'Name'.
- Remove any special characters or symbols.
- Save your settings.
- Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again.

I'll continue to update this thread as we work toward a fix. Thanks again for your reports. 

Update 5/26/2018: Thanks again for your reports as we continue to work on this issue. If you continue to experience this, if available, please trying logging on with another device or on Fitbit.com. Thanks for your patience as we work on a fix. 

Updated 5/24/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few threads together. We are aware that some users are being logged out of their account and when trying to log back in, and receive a notification 'this account is pending deletion' when this request was not made.

Please note: Though @MarcoGFitbit had some good tips that worked initially, at this time we do not recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this will not fix the issue. Also, resetting your password and updating the app will not resolve the issue. 

I'll update this thread as I hear more, thanks very much for your reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Please provide a solution that works!!!  I tried deleting the app, restarting and then downloading the app again and it does not work.  I really like my fitbit but it is useless without the app!!!

Best Answer

You might try posting in these other threads with me and others having the same issue. This thread is flagged as solved and may not get the attention it deserves.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Problem-since-new-update-Can-t-log-in/m-p/2729193/highlight/...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/Oops-something-went-wrong/m-p/2729994/highlight/false#M26387

Best Answer

Please provide a solution that works!!!  I tried deleting the app, restarting and then downloading the app again and it does not work.  I really like my fitbit but it is useless without the app!!!

Best Answer

Day later and I still can’t long into my Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

I too facing the same problem and tried uninstalling the app, change pssword, restart phone but no luck.

please provide the aolution asap

Best Answer

Fitbit please help. 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I have deleted the app and restarted my phone several times with no help.   I also tried changing the email, and the app is already updated as well. 

Best Answer

Hi there,

I'm getting the same error message. I've tried uninstalling, restarting my phone, then reinstalling the app. However, the problem persists. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Best Answer
I found it was due to server and phone signal issues when I was out of Australia. As soon as I got back into Australia it logged in successfully

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here , same two pop ups, also followed steps still can’t log in to iOS Fitbit app, website works no problem using same info, please help

Best Answer

I contacted live chat. See below:

Let's not reinstall the app any more please. I apologize for this instruction and I'd like to share with you that as you stated before other customer are having this same issue with their accounts using iOS devices and our engineer team is working hard to resolve this issue.

Best Answer

I have this solution as well.

Best Answer

I mean problem. I have this problem as well. Deleted app >> restarted iPhone >> redownloaded app >> same problem. Even changed password. No avail. 

Best Answer

Appreciate all of the tips and tricks to get around this however nothing seems to be working. Uninstalled the app at least 7 times, restarted my phone multiple times, changed my password..basically everything you suggested...nothing. Please assist.

Best Answer

Same issue! Help!

Best Answer

I deleted the app on my iPhone 7, restarted my phone & re-installed the app only to receive the same message “account pending deletion, I chose the recovery option “ & still got the “oops something went wrong.

i updated my password yesterday before deleting the app & reinstalled it. 

What is going on?!?! 

Best Answer

I have an update.

I do not believe it has anything to do with my account, instead I believe it is the app. I put in several bogus email and password combinations and get the same error.

For those of you having trouble, see if you get the same result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an update.

I do not believe it has anything to do with my account, instead I believe it is the app. I put in several bogus email and password combinations and get the same error.

For those of you having trouble, see if you get the same result.

Best Answer

Hi, @CaraBella, it looks like this is an issue that is affecting some iOS users.  I am going to go ahead and move your post to the one on the iOS app where this is being discussed.  I will flag a moderator and they will be able to update on this.

In the meantime, if you are able to sync via another device (for example a computer) hopefully that will keep your stats up to date.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue but this solution did not work for me. I was able to log in from someone else's iPhone and online, but still nothing on my own phone.

Best Answer