Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody, welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services and appreciate all the feedback from Fitbit users. 

As mentioned by some of you, there is a suggestion about having an option to turn the sleep score off or on. You can vote and share your comments here. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible. Thank you for helping us to improve the Fitbit experience.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Hi there, I have just installed the latest update and now have the sleep score, I must say I hate this feature, how do I turn it off.

I know my sleep is perhaps not what it should be and I am working on this, but to be told every days it is fair I do not need to know this and have it reinforced negatively day in day out. If I cannot remove this score I will remove the sleep component altogether and along with other issues I am extremely unhappy with this change and product

Best Answer

I agree. I do not like the sleep score & would like to remove this also. 

Best Answer

It used to show average hours slept. Now it shows sleep score with no way to change it. Time for another product I think...

Best Answer

I too would like to turn this ‘feature’ off. Not based on evidence based research just a gimmick. 

Will definitely look to another product at replacement time if I’m expected to look at this gimmick every time I open the app. 

Best Answer

I completely agree. The last thing that could possibly help me to be relaxed about sleep is being GRADED! It’s absurd. Please make it an option to remove this metric.

Best Answer

This update is clearly designed to manipulate the user into buying the Fitbit Premium package. Any ‘advice’ based on the score you click on leads directly to the Premium site. Not impressed.

Best Answer

I would also like to turn off sleep scores and go back to seeing average hours slept for the week.

Best Answer

@dan801, welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently this isn't possible but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exist so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Another vote to get rid of sleep score and bring back average sleep hours for the week.  The sleep score seems random and is really quite useless.  My benchmark used to be an average per night of 8 hours over a week.  Please bring this back.  I like the other changes you made to the app, but this is a bad change

Best Answer

You want me to make a feature suggestion for a product/feature I initially purchased the product for?

Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more, it’s a pointless feature and to raise a feature enhancement to reverse a feature that has zero value is really a waste of time, just remove it, or at the very most make it opt in/out. 

Best Answer

I, too, would like to get rid of the sleep score. It seems arbitrary and I find it useless, whereas, I found the average sleep useful so that I could try different things to help me sleep and see if my hours are affected. Please, go back to the way it was. It was fine and they wrecked it.

Best Answer

Turn it off!!! Sleep score SUCKS!!!

Best Answer

I guess it was in beta testing previously because I just started seeing this “sleep score.” Already thé sleep tracking has a level of uncertainty because it’s based on poorly measured data (I use it as a useful approximation), and now there’s a score, which also has a level of uncertainty - won’t even begin to get into measurement error issues there. I agree with OP that this is just a source of anxiety. There is research on the counter intuitive effects of sleep tracking on people trying to improve their sleep hygiene. Please have an opt out option!!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit I wouldn't be so frustrated by the sleep score if the documentation on the website actually gave me any details about how the score is calculated.  It just tells me the three categories that are involved in calculated.

The cynic in me would say that the website is so sparse of information because you want me to pay for Fitbit Premium. 

Oh, wait, it's not the cynic in me - it's the Fitbit website itself: "When you purchase a Fitbit Premium subscription, you'll see more details about your sleep score, including sleeping heart rate and restlessness."

That's OK, my Charge 3 is so worthless at tracking my sleep that the data is completely meaningless in any event.

Best Answer

I’m getting enraged reading we can’t go back to average hours of sleep. When the battery goes on this, I’m buying a different product. 

Best Answer

I too am a shift worker. Average hours is more beneficial to me than a sleep score. Very disappointed in this change. It's definitely not an improvement. This should be an option.

Best Answer

100% agreed. This sleep score is nonsensical. As a shift worker I would much rather go back to the average hours. This really does cause anxiety, like taking a test every time I sleep.

Best Answer

Sleep score is useless.

Bring back the average sleep immediately.

Every single update to the app is making it worse.

What are you trying to achieve? Really stupid.

Best Answer