Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Swipe between sleep score and hours slept… 

ED4882D3-88B6-485A-B767-70EF911A7CBA.jpeg

Best Answer

Bring back average hours slept for the week. Sleep score is useless

Best Answer

Yes but it doesn't show the average hours for the week

Best Answer

I also find the sleep score useless. It also causes me more anxiety. I'm trying to figure out what the score means. I have a charge two so I don't even know if it works properly for me. I could put up with the sleep score but today I noticed it took away my average sleep per week and replaced it with a stupid sleepscore that makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't like the sleep score. I don't want the sleep score. And I think it is a serious mistake on fitbit's part. From what I read about this change, it's clear that Fitbit is looking for a way to lure people into a subscription so that they can get more details on the sleep score. I don't want more details on my sleep score. I want what I had and nothing more

We should at the least have a choice to turn it off and get our average weekly sleep Numbers back. Seriously, seeing that sleepscore makes me feel like I'm in school and I got a C on my sleep. Whoever thought of this feature has no clue how people react to being graded on their sleep. 

Best Answer

I hate it too!  I can’t total my hours just glancing anymore. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I agree. I'm already thinking that I need to research a different device. I hate the sleep score so much. 

Best Answer

We are being GRADED on our sleep. I get a "C" most nights! How is that supposed to be helpful? 

Best Answer

You are spot on! Unlike most people, I use Fitbit mostly for tracking my sleep (!) This new 

sleep score (with no explained science behind it) makes me feel like a four year old wearing Dad’s old broken watch! Deal breaker - 

Best Answer

@Guts thank you. I really want average sleep hours too, though. 

Best Answer

I thought the same thing, hmmmm what's that Garmin all about?...looks pretty good right now.

That's how crappy this sleep score thing is that I would switch to something else over it.

Best Answer

I don't understand why so many of these comments (in various forums) on sleep score are being marked "resolved" when clearly they are not.

I do not want to be judged/graded on my sleep, especially when I hit my personal sleep goal nearly every night. Now I wake to a score of “meh, is that the best you can do?” And there is nothing- and I mean nothing - I can do to improve this anxiety producing score. And I know I can swipe to see sleep time. That isn’t the point. The point is I’m given a sleep goal that is literally impossible to reach. And I’m reminded of that every single morning when I check my stats. I want the sleep score GONE. 

Best Answer

Yes, they wrecked it.  Is flat out wrong, says Good and Im miserably groggy because of interrupted and not enough deep sleep. It takes up valuable screen real estate, have to scroll scroll to find how much deep sleep I got.

Please revert to prior sleep version!

Best Answer

I'm also disappointed with sleep score.  I don't need sleep score.  I sleep with a CPAP and the CPAP machine tells me all I need to know about the quality of my sleep in a much more important way then does the stupid sleep score.  Come back and talk to me again when Fitbit can tell me how many times I stop breathing per hour. When Fitbit has accurate data about sleep apnea I'll be ready to listen.  That's the important number, and one over which I have some measure of control with the machine settings. Until then, all I want to see is how many hours I slept.   

Sleep score is BS. Give me back average hours slept.

Best Answer

Don’t worry everyone.   I was initially unhappy about this too. But then I realized I can Just go online and login to your account and you can check your sleep average.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not want to see useless information such as the sleep score. Based on what????

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Let the buffoons who came up with the sleep score go on the website and check THAT. We want the option to disable it completely or select our own default. They figure that all these angry comments will subside and we'll get used to it. I, for one, am already looking for new tracker options and my newest Fitbit is not even 2 months old.  Punish companies who take you for granted!

Best Answer

Me too would like to be able to choose between this new option and average slept hours. Maybe for some users this new option is ok, for me, I would rather see the average hours I slept. 

Best Answer

Why should I log in though?

The average sleep figure I want to see used to be easy to find on the app. No point having an app if I have to log in to find the info I want. 

The sleep score is pointless, useless, worthless and unwanted

Best Answer

I agree. It’s a useless number. I want to see the hours of sleep instead. I also don’t like the new layout. 

Best Answer

Count me in. If Fitbit wants me to stress over sleep, insomnia is near. This is not what I bought Fitbit for!

Best Answer