Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

This stupid sleep score feature doesn't even work on a fitbit surge (score is always 0) where is my sleep average??

Best Answer

Seems irresponsible to provide a score and leaving users with no information about what what changes in their sleep that they are capable of making reproduce a better score. For example, do I increase sleep hours, something I can actually make happen, or am I going to be able to improve my score only by lowering my sleeping heart rate, something that I can control only indirectly, and perhaps not at all? Which change is going to have the greater impact on my sleep score? I almost dread the answer, but what science did Fitbit rely on to determine that a particular sleep factor was more important in producing "good" sleep than another sleep factor, and by how much? 

Best Answer

Yup, my one star review is up to, and I'm going to have to look at other brands.  Good work, Fitbit! A fix will require an option to prevent the words 'sleep score' from appearing in the app, and restore the old previous behavior. Who approved such a dumb and judgemental 'feature'?

Best Answer

@TCas I am guessing that information will be in the paid/premium version of the app. 

Best Answer

PLEASE turn off Sleep Scores!!!

I totally agree with this post.

Best Answer

Such a useless feature. Plus, Fitbit doesn't accurately track sleep (have a Beautyrest tracker as Fitbit is a vague guess)

Best Answer

Agreed. I need my weekly sleep average. The score does NOTHING!  

Best Answer

I just purchased a Withings Body+ scale yesterday. I am investigating whether I can import all my historical Fitbit data to the Withings/Health Mate app. I was excited about the new Aria coming out, but have since decided to begin my migration away from Fitbit. I am wearing an Inspire HR that I purchased a little over a month ago and I am now wishing I had waited. That said, I have removed the "sleep" report from the app on my phone. I'll wait a while longer to see what happens here before shopping for a new tracker. I really like the Fossil hybrid watches, but I need a GPS feature. So maybe a Garmin, Apple, or Samsung is the way to go. The sleep score isn't necessarily the deal breaker anymore for me, it's the lack of response from Fitbit on the many comments here.

Best Answer

I agree. The "sleep score" is very triggering for my anxiety disorder -- I already know I suffer from insomnia. I don't need a third party to "rate" my "score". I'm trying my best and doing everything I can.

Best Answer

I so agree. I hate the judgemental

sleep score so much I’m almost ready to ditch Fitbit altogether. Last night I got 8 hours of sleep which is incredible for me and it gave me a score of 80. Only 80?!?! Who do you think you are Fitbit? You’re going to make me feel bad when I see this as a big achievement? F U  Fitbit!

Best Answer

I actually found it helpful until I updated the app because I was having issues with notifications on the watch. If other manufacturers can sell watches that do much the same thing except with a vastly superior interface for $20 on eBay I'm sure Fitbit are making enough profit on the device to include all data. I bought a Fitbit 2 and prior to that I had a cheap watch that also monitored sleep. I bought the Fitbit because of the reviews and the better app. I think Fitbit are getting a bit greedy. 

Best Answer

I have sleep apnea too and am very upset fitbit added this arbitrary, biased, unscientific and judgmental sleep score. I have to wake up very early to feed animals and get more sleep after that chore. They do not even add the two episodes together to arrive at my supposed sleep score. Just the first session. Arrrgh!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Absolutely Fitbit bad move here...this sleep score is useless. Please get rid of it or at least allow us to choose , I used my average hours weekly and now

have lost that feature for something  tells me what I already know

Best Answer

How did you remove the sleep score ? Thanks. 

Best Answer

Sorry no never did get to find out how to remove and Fitbit are deafening by their silence

Best Answer

Just checked my app today and like others discovered by averaged weekly sleep (the feature I used the most on my Fitbit) was replaced by the bullish*t sleep score.  I don’t give a god **ahem** about the sleep score and may have to look for alternatives.  Fitbit has their head up their a*s!!!

Best Answer

Agree! I’m so frustrated! All I want is to see my average sleep hours. I don’t give s crap for some stupid score that means nothing to me! 

Best Answer

Yeah, Fitbit has taken sleep and made it stressful ...by grading you with a number front and center which has absolutely no context.

Been using Fitbit for years and this is easily the worst thing they’ve done...how did this even happen or get approved as a feature?

Best Answer

Hello everybody, welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services and appreciate all the feedback from Fitbit users. 

As mentioned by some of you, there is a suggestion about having an option to turn the sleep score off or on. You can vote and share your comments here. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible. Thank you for helping us to improve the Fitbit experience.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Yes thank you for that I’m going to go over to every part of this app I can find and complain about the sleep score using bad words. Please make it optional!

Best Answer