Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Hate it! Score doesn’t mean anything. Just insipid number assigned by a pretentious tech company. Couldn’t care less about what FitBit thinks about my sleep habits or any of my other stats, so why are you giving me your opinion every day?!?  Bury it, like my Max VO2 score.  (If I want it, I can dig down and find it.) And now you want me to upgrade to premium! Why? To get more of the same pseudoscience? Sorry, not going to happen.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

You are handling this whole thing so badly. The greed and the arrogance driving these decisions isn’t the right motivation and certainly won’t keep your loyal users who you don’t seem to want to listen to. 

Best Answer

Is the sleep score going to be removed or become an opt in option? I initially only bought Fitbit because of its sleep monitoring credentials and positive reviews. Of course now, I'd been enjoying some other features which help me to remain active in my quest to lose weight. I was looking at upgrading my Fitbit, however, Ive become quite hesitant now because of the sleep score, and also paid subscription for added features. It has changed the way I feel about and see Fitbit. Basically, I've lost confidence that Fitbit is the best choice for me. 

Best Answer

Exactly. It is literally why I got the thing, and now it sucks with the sleep score. 

Best Answer

That is exactly what I thought too! I will be purchasing a different brand if this doesn't get fixed.

Best Answer

Hi everybody. Thank you for your responses and your feedback.

At the moment, we don't have information about this topic but we'll let you know if there is any change.

For those of you who have encountered difficulties to see your average sleep time in the Fitbit app, you can find useful instructions to see this information on this post.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hate this feature, please tell us how to turn it off.

Best Answer

Horrible "improvement" please revert to the original method of showing average sleep per week, which was very useful and helpful. Otherwise count me out for any future support or use of Fitbit products. This is manipulative, and a decrease in overall worth of your product. I can go somewhere else.

Best Answer

+1 for getting rid of this pointless sleep score. It's useless and pointless. Bring back average sleep time, which was actual useful info. It boggles my mind to think someone actually thought this was a good "feature."

Best Answer

Agreed!  I hate this and will not support after one week if not optional or deleted. Thanks for your feedback!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit .. you say we should make a suggestion to get this removed and the more votes it gets the quick it gets prioritised by dev?! 

Where’s the feed where this was a feature people wanted and it got the most votes to get done? :)) 

as it happens though.. someone went through the trouble so there is a suggestion to make this options a snap bring back avg sleep 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-sleep-score-optional-and-bring-sleep-averag...

go forth and vote Fitbit community 

Best Answer

Please move this thread to Make sleep score optional and bring sleep average. Fitbit is making new comment titles and scattering them around the community to hide how displeased consumers are with this feature. Check other thread and vote there also. Please note the thread I referenced has has its title changed at least 3 times. 

Best Answer

I too dislike score and want my average weekly sleep back

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
You can still see your average daily sleep by swiping to the left when in the sleep section. You will have to put up with looking at the sleep score 7-day average first though.
Best Answer

This thread should be moved to 'make sleep score optional'. 

Best Answer
Sorry - I tried but still do not see my weekly sleep average. Yes I see some score average that is meaningless to me but miss the weekly average. I see a bar graph of this weeks sleep with my goal shown but no weekly average.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

There is another thread 'Make sleep score optional' they have changed the name 3 times and comments and votes on this feed are not included. Splitting titles means the votes are scattered. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has another feed titled 'Make sleep score optional' this threads comments and votes are not counted there. Fitbit moderators need to combine these feeds!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Granacher This isn’t an election where numbers of votes matter.  They now clearly know that plenty of people don’t like it, and it’s up to the Fitbit product team to decide whether or not allowing the option to remove the sleep score weakens the investment they are making in the new concept too much. 

Best Answer

Average hours slept

@dan801 @Fyrfyter @Snoopy1979 @CB278 @rtodds @DrRobynK @Denwat 

Terri11002 posted this on another thread. You can’t turn off sleep score but you can see your hours slept.

The old graph that shows you how many hours you have slept is still there........  when you first go in to your sleep screen it defaults to the sleep score page.......swipe the graph/screen from right to left and it will show you the old graph. 

For average hours slept you then go into full screen mode (click the two arrows) your average hours slept shows

Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge 3, iPhone X
Best Answer
0 Votes