Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294
I don't see my average sleep hours when I check the chart, I see my daily sleep goal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! As if insomnia doesn't suck enough, let's have someone shame us for it!

Best Answer

I hate the sleep score! I want to quickly see how much sleep I got on any specific day, or the average for any given week! Please at least let me turn it off!

Best Answer

You took away my second favorite feature. I’ve been a Fitbit user for years. When I buy a new tracker and the scale you eliminate a useful feature. Not goo!

Best Answer

I’m also a shift worker in Emergency Services and I hate the sleep score that suddenly appeared. I want the average back & I’m right frustrated by Fitbit for not giving the user the choice to opt-out. HUGE Thumbs down to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
It looks like the only thing Fitbit are interested in, is will they profit from this or not. There's been a couple of updates and no changes to the app, so whether we're happy or not seems irrelevant. People complaining about it a probably just a spit in the ocean. I've got to the point where I was so aggravated at having to look at the idiotic sleep score, I've taken my Fitbit off my wrist and thrown it in the drawer. As soon as you take your Fitbit off your arm, they know about it because they stop getting all of our data. While you are wearing it they probably think you're still really ok with it, you know, not too bothered. I don't know about you, but I've had enough.
Best Answer

Please bring back the average sleep function. The sleep score is meaningless to me and and a waste of space in this app.

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

Best Answer

Some complain about sleep score cuz they say it makes them feel like a failure. That isn't the issue for me! It's the programming that makes no sense!! I can slept totally different on 2 different nights, I had lots of deep sleep and long hours, but I ended up with a 64 score for both nights. This is totally crazy. I look forward to being able to get rid of sleep score!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

@Gma-ri This is the problem with Fitbit's push for premium subscription revenue.  The sleep score is a complete black box unless you subscribe to their additional service, and even then it's still not clear how it's calculated or what you have to do to improve it.

Don't count on being able to get rid of sleep score - Fitbit believes that this subscription revenue is critical to their survival as a company.

Best Answer
Did you click into the chart so it's full screen? When I do that my average
appears at the top of the screen, and I can swipe left to see the same for
prior weeks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Gregfromboston, it's not the average sleep I see, it's my goal. And I guess everyone sees his/her goal and not the average sleep.
Best Answer

There is news going around that Fitbit is looking to sell. I don't think this is going away until they are dead. Hopefully the company that buys will keep this app going, but I am keeping an eye on other fitness watch markets at this point. 

Best Answer

Keeping their consumers happy should be the first priority. Sadly, $ trumps all. What Fitbit doesn't realize is we  are their profit margin!

Best Answer
I'm not so sure about that. Aggravating existing customers is not an effective strategy for survival. I only bought a Fitbit because of other people's recommendations. There are a lot of people who won't be making recommendations on fitbits behalf after this act of app sabotage.
Best Answer

Just adding my voice to the customer base that wants the option to turn off this feature.

KInda curious that they made it a mandatory feature. And it sadly adds to a growing scientific concern that fitness watches add to stress and are overall unhealthy. And nothing gives this voice more credence than a feature that grades your sleep. In particular if you do not want to be graded.

Best Answer

I am one more person who would like to turn the sleep score off.   It makes me feel bad even about my best nights sleep.   Please give me the option of turning it off.   

Best Answer

Happy but equally sad to see so much opposition to yet another downgrade to the app. 

Sleep score is meaningless and yet in just over a month it has gone from our full sleep breakdown sleep being displayed on the dashboard, to having to tap and swipe through two menus to find it. 

As I have posted already, in the course of a week I had a terrible sleep and an amazing sleep, 6 hours apart in length, and yet they were “scored” within 10 of each other. Nonsense. 

Best Answer

Agree 100%. This is not useful to me, and I bought a fitbit largely for the sleep hours tracking. I don’t care how fitbit evaluates my sleep, and I’m not setting nightly goals of achieving a certain “sleep score.” Would LOVE an option to turn it off!!

Best Answer

All inquiries about this end up in a canned sales pitch for "Premium."

Want to hear my story? I average 7 hours a night with a "good" sleep score of 82 or so. Last night I got 8 hours after a very active day, more than half of it REM and deep, yet the score was only 72, "fair". What does a gal have to do to get "excellent"? Oh, I know, pay for "Premium." Not gonna happen.

Best Answer