Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't log into the iOS app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an iPhone 6 and noticed my Fitbit wasn't syncing this weekend so I logged out of the app hoping to reset it but now it won't let me back in, but I can get to it on my iPad and through the website.

is there a problem with the phone app as I need it to track my walks.

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Are we all in the California or west coast region? I get the feeling that
it's a service issue and the app is routing us to a server that keeps going
down. Right now my app is "logged in" but the sync never finishes and I
can't start any challenges due to not being able to retrieve my friends in
it and no other content loads. I'm sure I'm missing challenge notifications
as well.

I'm sure if I log out I won't be able to log in again. I guess it doesn't
really matter in this case as the UI isn't properly reflecting my actual
state.

UPDATE:

@MarcoGFitbit thanks for checking in. I am currently in the process of having my case (25963947)

escalated. It's intermittently working but for the most part is always down. I can't fetch any content once the app is open and logging in only works every once in a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jubrand, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're doing well. @Adeezy58 and @kegbuna, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Adeezy58, thanks for coming back and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to suggest you to turn off the WiFi on your phone, then try to log in again. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi afterwards.

@jubrand, I appreciate you have let me know the error you're receiving. Please go to your phone Settings > Fitbit and make sure "Background App Refresh" is enabled. If it is, disable it, restart your phone and enable it back again before trying to log in to the app.

@kegbuna, thanks for letting me know you were able to log in and that you have created a case with our Support Team. As the case has been escalated, my best recommendation would be keep working with our team so they can provide you more options. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to keep me updated and let me know the outcome of your case. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried on multiple WiFi connections as well as LTE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Adeezy58, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. 

At this moment I have reached our Support Team and it seems you have a case created with them already and they have replied to you recently requesting some information. Please reply to them as they will provide you more assistance. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please keep me updated, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the exact same boat. Did this a few days ago but eventually fixed. Now it logged me out and I cannot get back on the app. 

Best Answer

Hello @Morganski, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you restarted your phone recently? Are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to log in to your account in the Fitbit app?  If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the error you're receiving so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue as everyone else here. Can't login into the app. I get the background transfer session service error or some variation of that. I have reset my password on the web, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone. I've tried from multiple connections.

Is there a solution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gotperl, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have already restarted the password of your account and tried some troubleshooting steps. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with the error message you're getting? That will be very helpful for me to check this further. In the meantime, if you have a laptop or another mobile device where you can log in, please do and sync your Fitbit device, then try to log in to the account from your phone, this has helped some members of the Community with this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just got an iPhone 8 a couple days ago, I was previously using the 6s. Everything was working fine on my old phone, but now I am not able to log into the app and get the "oops something went wrong" message. 

Steps I have taken so far are:

Checking the date and time thing people had mentioned

Synced my Fitbit on my old phone and made sure everything was up to date

Deleted the app and removed my Fitbit from my old phone

Deleted the app on my new phone, restarted my phone, re-downloaded the app

Tried logging on on wifi and LTE

Changed my password

I'm at a loss of what else to do... it's frustrating not being able to receive my text and phone notifications on my Fitbit as that is primarily what I use it for!

I see there have been service requests put in for others... maybe the same could be done for me?

Thank you!

Carly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cduff182, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to join the conversation and let me know you're also experiencing this issue. Thanks for letting me know about all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to get some information from you so I can check this further:

1. OS version your iPhone 8 is running. 
  2. App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  3. Are you able to log in to the online Dashboard (www.fitbit.com)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit team. I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I've purchased two Fitbit ace 2 devices for the kids. I'm trying to configure both with legacy iOS devices (iPad mini, first generation. IPhone 6). On the iPhone 6, I was able to download the Fitbit app but like the other users, I'm receiving the "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again." error. I've tried everything listed in this thread with the exception of turning off wifi wif moving to the cellular network. Both devices are wifi only (iPhone 6 has no sim sim  inserted).  We've waiting for what feels like months for these devices, only for them not to work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't log in on my app, but can on the desktop computer.  So it isn't a password issue, is definitely an app issue.  The phone is iPhone 5C and we have the most up to date app that this phone can use.  My son has the same exact phone and his lets him log in just fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes