Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 11.5.2 not allowing manual sync when using mobile device (iPhone) to track steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just thought that someone should know that the latest apple iPhone update is not allowing manual syncs.  There might be other problems as well.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone - Our team is aware that users are unable to manually sync on iOS and see the 'sync now' button grayed out. At this time our team is investigating. I'll update this thread when we learn more. Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@SunsetRunner  I just installed the update and am not having the issue you are experiencing.

If others start reporting this same problem, it might help to know

• What model iPhone you have
  • What version of the app you have -- version 2.45 was released 1/31.  The combination of an OS update and an app update can do hinky things.  See suggestions below
  • Does this only happen when you pull down on the dashboard page to sync?  Or does is happen if you tap your device icon then tap on Sync Now?

Have you tried any of the "things to do when good apps do bad things?"

• Force quit the app and restart the phone
  • Delete the app, restart the phone, then reinstall the app
  • Stuff like that
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for responding.  I’m sorry it took me so long to respond.

I have an iPhone 7.  I have quit the app, rebooted my phone and (finally) deleted the app and then rebooted the phone.

I am using my iPhone as my tracker and am having the problem syncing when I tap the device icon and then tell it to sync now.  Before the re-install it was tending to sync about once an hour, but now it seems to not be syncing more than about every 4 - 6 hrs.  It’s really annoying.

I’m not certain how one pulls down the dashboard page to sync.  I believe I tried that after you first suggested it, but couldn’t get anything.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner -- I'm not sure what's up.  I've got mobile track set up on my iPhone 7 as a backup, but I've also got a Charge 2 and an Ionic connected to the account. So not quite the same set up as you. Mobile track says it last synced about 10 minutes ago.  When I click it on the device list I get to the "Sync Now" screen, but it is grayed out. 

If I close the app and reopen it, mobile track updates the time it says it synced, but of course I'm not sure it is really doing anything because the step count defaults to my trackers.  You might try that.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and it’s been going on for several months. I mainly use the mobile tracker. It it’s not been tracking my steps correctly and when I go to manually sync (like I used to be able to do) it’s grayed out and I cannot sync. Why is this happening? I don’t want to uninstall the app and lose my steps or the ability to reinstall the mobile tracker (it’s not listed as an option when I click the add device button). I have the current Fitbit app and current iOS software. Please help! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I am using mobile tracker for step count. But it doesn't allow manual sync lately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @karen8206 and @shalakha, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @SunsetRunner. Thanks for all your help @Baltoscott and @LZeeW, it's always a pleasure seeing you around the Fitbit Community. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. If MobileTrack is still not working correctly on your mobile device, let's try to remove it and add it back again. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. To remove MobileTrack, go to Account and tap on MobileTrack, then on Remove from this Device. After that, restart your phone, then open the Fitbit app, tap on Account again, then on Set up a New Device and search for MobileTrack. 

In case your phone is unable to set up MobileTrack or if you're not able to find it on the list, please take a screenshot of what you're able to see and reply to me with it, please add the following information:

1. Model of iPhone you're using.
  2. OS version currently running on your phone
  3. App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope this helps. Give it a try and keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I already did this, as stated in my earlier post. It did not work.

I also stated what phone I had etc. It looks as though there are
others with the same problem. I would say that the evidence points to
this being a coding problem.

Ellen Lark

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me. My dashboard reports steps. If I view my profile it states no activity tracked. The manual sync now is also greyed out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - Our team is aware that users are unable to manually sync on iOS and see the 'sync now' button grayed out. At this time our team is investigating. I'll update this thread when we learn more. Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Problem still present June 10, 2018

ios 11.4

who has 11.5.2???  lol.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Limabean, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the issue is still present on iOS 11.4. Once we have more information to share with you about this situation we will update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks again for your report, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - this is still an issue. I have iPhone 6S, iOS 11.4.1 and a Fitbit Alta. 

I relied on mobile track today and had 7K steps. I synced and steps were there. Then I put on my Alta and the steps disappeared and went down to 100 (the amount on my Alta). Why does the device override mobile track? 

Also mobile track button grayed out. 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure if I’m under the correct thread for commenting on an issue but I am experiencing an issue syncing my Fitbit Charge 2 with my iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.2. Last successful sync was 2 days ago. I’ve tried multitude of ways to address. 

UPDATE:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @merelee, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Thanks for joining the conversation @RobinA82, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@merelee, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tell me, is this the first time that the steps have disappeared from the Dashboard after syncing your tracker? If so, I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app to its latest version (that was recently released) and then monitor if this issue happens again. If it does, please let me know so I can check this further. 

@RobinA82, I understand your Charge 2 is not syncing properly, would it be possible for you to let me know which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That will be very helpful for me. In the meantime, please try the following steps (in case you haven't tried them):

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, 

My iphone is set to update all apps automatically so I've always had the latest version.  I noticed that a new version was just updated yesterday, however, the Sync Now button is still grayed out.  

I have also followed advice found on other forums (removing Mobile Track, re-adding, deleting the FitBit app, etc.).   

I'll let you know if Mobile Track steps are still overridden by device steps soon. 

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @merelee, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know this issue is still affecting the latest version of the app. 

I had made sure to forward this information to our team as they're still working towards a solution for this situation. Once I have more to share with you about the progress of this issue, I'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

I appreciate you have kept me updated; in the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iOS 12.1.2 and sync now is still greyed out. considering this is an issue for 9+ months, how close is the FitBit team to a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes