Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS Mail app notifications unavailable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. 

Fully uodates iPhone 7 plus and fitbit blaze 

I want to enable notifications on my blaze for the stock iOS Mail app. 

It does not appear in the list of apps supported nor on the main screen. 

Where or how do I enable them again

Thanks 

Paul

IMG_0768.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, as the Mail app should appear under App Notifications so you can enable it to receive Notifications on your Blaze. Please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Mail and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in Notification Center. 

Then, once you receive a new notification from the Mail app on your phone, you will be able to go to the Fitbit app > Account > Blaze > Notifications > App Notifications and select it from the list of apps that appear here. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem with my mail and have set up all my notifications the way it is supposed to be. I have been trouble shooting this for weeks now, I’ve reset my phone from new, restorers it from back up. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. But nothing seem to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Davidg1929, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know you're also experiencing this situation and also for listing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Tell me, which app are you using to manage your emails in your iPhone? When you go to Account > Blaze > Notifications > App Notifications are you able to see said apps on this list? Please note that you will need to enable the mail apps in here for the Blaze to receive their Notifications. 

I hope this can be helpful, I'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your advice but I have already done all that mail app does not show up in this area that is the problem it was there and it disappeared one day never came back

Kindest Regards
David Gregory

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Davidg1929, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart Notifications altogether from the Fitbit app by following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

This will reset the list of App Notifications so it can be populated again once you receive Push Notifications from the apps (including your mail apps). Give these steps a try and let me know the outcome, remember that your phone should receive 1 push Notification from each app for the app to appear on the "App Notifications" list. Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes