Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect distance tracked with GPS exercise.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using the latest version of the app my distance is consistently measuring as longer than actual. For example hiking a 1.3 mile trail shows 1.6 miles in Fitbit app.

Furthermore if I sit completely still it will keep slowly adding distance. Other apps on my phone are measuring distance correctly - so it's not a hardware issue. Also, app has permission "Always" for location and background refresh "on." Hardware is iPhone X, latest IOS release.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Starrfire, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for detailing this situation for us. Tell me, are you using a Fitbit device with connected GPS to track your exercise or are you tracking it directly from the app? If you're using a device, please let us know which one. Additionally, please reply to us with a screenshot of your exercises so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I’m having the same problem. I’m using an inspire hr connected to the app gps to track my walk miles. I know my distance is 8.25 miles but it’s track 9 miles. Is there any way to make the gps tracking more accurate? I set my walking stride to be automatic using gps to work out as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes