Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire loses steps after syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have an Inspire that I got 3 months ago and an iPhone with iOS 12.4.5 that I sync my Inspire to. For some reason, after syncing my Inspire today, I went from 6,000 steps to 5,000 steps and lost all 30 of my active minutes. I restarted the Inspire and my steps and active minutes came back on the Inspire, but once again my steps went back to 5,000 and I lost all of my active minutes. I tried restarting multiple times, but the same thing keeps happening. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @reemadb and @DeandraD. Welcome to the Community Forums. @RedHedd, it's great to see you in the forums. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for letting me know that you're having issues to sync your Inspire devices, as well for working on this matter on your own. This shouldn't be happening and even though you've tried some steps, I'd recommend to give one last try to the following steps in the given order:

1. Remove your Inspire and any other device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions, see this link.
  4. Reboot your phone and restart your tracker as described here.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Choose your Inspire, the option to replace and follow the onscreen instructions.

If the issue persists, please reply back with your phone's model and the current OS version. By the way, I moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized and on-topic.

Keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Inspire not syncing since I updated to iOS 13.4. Just checked Bluetooth settings and all-day sync was turned off in the app.  Tried to turn it on - it's asking me to set it up, however clicking on the set up button does nothing.  FitBit is showing as Bluetooth enabled app in iPhone settings section.  How do I get this to connect again? This is SO frustrating!

Best Answer

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail..... any advice on how to get my inspire to sync?

Best Answer

Hi @reemadb and @DeandraD. Welcome to the Community Forums. @RedHedd, it's great to see you in the forums. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for letting me know that you're having issues to sync your Inspire devices, as well for working on this matter on your own. This shouldn't be happening and even though you've tried some steps, I'd recommend to give one last try to the following steps in the given order:

1. Remove your Inspire and any other device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions, see this link.
  4. Reboot your phone and restart your tracker as described here.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Choose your Inspire, the option to replace and follow the onscreen instructions.

If the issue persists, please reply back with your phone's model and the current OS version. By the way, I moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized and on-topic.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you really have to disconnect ALL OTHER Bluetooth connected items? I'm not re-pairing every other Bluetooth item I own just to fix FitBit's snafu! Incredible and inacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. I just bought a brand new charge 4 because I thought it was my inspire that was the problem. looks like it's your app.  guess i should return the charge 4 and look for a different brand of tracker, as you haven't been able to solve a problem that's been reported for years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes