Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval workout settings not saving.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying to edit the settings for the interval workout on the app and it keeps reverting back to the original settings instead of saving the new ones.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@zannika  I am having the same problem and noticed it in late September.  I reported it through a different forum.  Until your thread, I thought I was the only one with the problem.

The first thing I did was to look at the Interval Settings on my fitbit.com (web) dashboard.  Tap on the gear in the upper right, then your tracker, and check the interval settings.  The phone app didn't show the change, but the new settings were on my web dashboard and in my tracker.  So check your tracker and see if the new settings are already there.

I tried changing my interval setting to something completely different in the phone app.  The changes wouldn't take on the app display, but the new settings were on my web dashboard and in the tracker.  So this might be an app display issue.

Check your tracker for your settings and get back to us.  Your post might inspire others to check their settings and we can get a scope of the problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @zannika, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @LZeeW, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@zannika, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about this issue. Tell me, which tracker or watch are you currently using? Are you trying to edit the Interval Workout settings from there? This information will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using the Fitbit versa and I am trying to edit the settings from the
Fitbit app
Best Answer

I’m having the exact same problem. I was able to set the intervals the first time, but now every time I try to change it the settings keep reverting to my first setup. Sometimes it changes back even while editing. 

I’m trying to update the settings from the IPhone app. I’m using Charge 3 and cannot update the settings from the device as far as I know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmelieK  Do you have access to a tablet/computer where you can make the changes from your fitbit.com (web) dashboard?  That works for me, but the app display still shows the wrong settings.

My previous post in this thread give instructions for changing the intervals on the web dashboard.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried changing the settings on the web dashboard. It updated the number of repetition on my device but not the duration of each interval.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmelieK  I am very sorry that my fix didn't work for you.

@MarcoGFitbit  Are the engineers working on this issue?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I managed to get it to work again by deleting my device from my account, delete the app from my phone and then reinstalling and setting everything up once again. Now it seems that my interval settings is both syncing to the device and keeping correct settings in the app again. Really hoping that this does not happen again because having to reinstall and resync everything every other week is not acceptable.

Best Answer

@EmelieK  I need to try your fix -- my fix doesn't work for me any more.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @zannika, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to have you on board @EmelieK, thanks for joining the conversation. Thanks for your help @LZeeW, I appreciate it. 

@EmelieK, thanks for taking the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community. 

@zannika, at this moment I would like to suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps @EmelieK shared with us, if you're still having trouble with this situation, please let me know. 

I hope this can be helpful, have a great day!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am posting this over a year after the most recent post. I am having the same problem with my Charge 3. 

Is Fitbit's best advice still to follow the troubleshooting steps discovered by a user in this thread? Why hasn't the problem been solved by now?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue! Very frustrating. I’ve tried multiple different things and haven’t been able to get it to save. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Versa. Interval set up on iPad. however showing up on watch. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

NOT showing up on Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The workaround posted by EmelieK worked for me. However, it requires deleting and reconnecting your watch. If that's the only way to set the interval workout timings, then Fitbit needs to treat users right and fix the app. This has been a problem for over a year.

Best Answer

I too have this problem and the only thing that works is to uninstall and reinstall my versa 2 EVERY time I want to change the interval timer. Very frustrating!  Come on Fitbit, please fix this glitch on the app to help your customers!

Best Answer

The same problem here. Extremely frustrating.

—A former disillusioned Fitbit superfan, now a happy Apple Watch user.
Best Answer

Also having the same issue. How has this not been solved yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Charge 3 iPhone app. Tried the web as well. Please fix the app, so we don’t have to uninstall and install again and again! Shouldn’t be so hard for you to fix, let alone use years to get it done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes