Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval workout settings not saving.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying to edit the settings for the interval workout on the app and it keeps reverting back to the original settings instead of saving the new ones.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I just found this thread while doing a web search for this issue. I’m trying to change my interval times using iOS app on a Versa. I’ll try the uninstall/reinstall, but this is pretty annoying that such an old issue hasn’t been addressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to restart it multiple times and I deleted the app but it’s still not working. Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know 😞 Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After an hour of googling and testing various "solutions" that didn't help, I finally found something that worked for me. I have an Inspire HR but I know this is an issue with a lot of devices so hopefully it will help someone.

1) Go to exercise shortcuts in the app

2) Hit the edit button and remove the interval workout entirely

3) Add a new workout and choose interval workout

4) Set your desired intervals and sync with your device

5) IMPORTANT: DO NOT REARRANGE YOUR WORKOUTS IN ANY WAY!

I wanted to have my interval workout at the top of my workout list, but every time I moved it up, it would reset back to the default interval settings. As long as I leave it at the bottom, the changes I made seem to stick. For now, anyway. I'm pretty fed up at all the trouble I went through trying to fix something that should be so simple.

Best Answer

Thank you for this! Worked the first time for me! Lol I was getting really annoyed there for a second. I’m so surprised that this is still an issue 2-years later

Best Answer

I’m having this issue too (late July 2020) and none of the suggested solutions have worked for me. My post comes well over a year after the thread was opened ... any new thoughts on how to fix this? @MarcoGFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate your troubleshooting but we really shouldn't have to go to a desktop to set our intervals to run. It's very frustrating to spend longer trying to get my intervals set than what I run. Fitbit you can do better than this. We should be able to set intervals from our watch. I am considering a different watch mainly for this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This is the only solution that worked after uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing, I was also trying to move my interval option into a different position. Once I left it at the bottom the desired settings saved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This is the only solution that worked. After uninstalling and reinstalling I was also trying to move the interval option to a different position. Once I left it at the bottom my changes saved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the exact same problem with the charge 4, What did you do to make it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See the answer above on 6-5-20 from ‘real pickles’ This was what worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem also with my Charge 4.

I think this is outrageous that the developers have not fixed this after so long time.

I found a workaround on this page for my device from user "RussVegas".

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Charge-Trackers/Interval-Workout-timer-changes-not-working/m-p... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yessss! This works 🙂 thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue too. I think I fixed it. I logged onto my Fitbit account on my PC (Chrome browser) and deleted “Interval Workout” from my list of exercise shortcuts, and then added it again. Access your profile picture at the top right of your Dashboard, and then access your devices (watch icon) at the top right of your profile page. Select your device from the left-hand column on the Devices page, and then access Exercise Shortcuts. You can make changes there and then re-sync your device through the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working for me as well.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's March 2023 and I'm having the same problem with my new Charge 4 and the Android app. I previously had a Charge 2 which didn't have the issue. The default settings on the Charge 4 seem to be 892 hours per interval, and 98 intervals. Perhaps a tad unrealistic. When I look in the settings on the app it shows "-1" seconds for both rest and move durations. And when I change them the changes aren't saved. I'm going to try some of the suggestions posted here but thought I'd highlight my particular version of the problem, and highlight how ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed in 5 years!

Update: it tried removing interval workout, resynching, adding it again but via the website and updating the seconds. Now the Web version shows the correct intervals (30s move, 10s rest), but the app shows 30s REST, 10s REST. I now have no option to add "move".

Best Answer
0 Votes