Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval Workout timer changes not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having trouble changing the interval workout presets from 30 sec move and 10 sec rest to diffeerent settings... Even when I sync, it doesnt transfer to my fitbit charge 3... Any clues on how to fix this?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I'm having trouble changing the interval workout presets from 30 sec move and 10 sec rest to diffeerent settings... Even when I sync, it doesnt transfer to my fitbit charge 3... Any clues on how to fix this?

Best Answer

I can't even figure out how to program different interval settings at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the same thing on my device. When I try to change the timers on my iOS App the timers default to the original settings after approximately 10 seconds. However, I can change the interval timers on the website (without it defaulting) but my iOS App doesn't seem to sync the change.  My Charge 3 settings remain defaulted. This is just one of three glitches that I have found. The other is that I am not seeing messages of any kind on my Charge 3 even though they appear on my App. Lastly, I get "Sleep Not Tracked" on my Charge 3 even though there is data on my App. Are you, or anyone else, experiencing these last two glitches as well?

Best Answer

I had the same problem. Charge 3 interval workout move/rest times not updating when I change them on either the app or watch. I have been on the phone with Fitbit tech support for 30 minutes and they had me reset the watch and it still doesn’t work. It leaves me to believe the app is to blame because it doesn’t change on the app

Best Answer

I'm also having issues with the interval timer... mine ends at 9 minutes no matter how long I have it set for.

Best Answer

Remove “Interval  Workout” from the exercise shortcuts in the app and then re-add it. This was my work-around that fixes it.

Seems like it reverts back to the default times if you move the order or try to edit it more than once.

Extremely frustrating.

Best Answer

Thanks! this work around worked for me...but they really need to fix this glitch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this problem too. It worked one time to change it from factory settings but now it won’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This workaround did not work for me.

Best Answer

Just to reiterate you have to do REMOVE the [interval training] shortcut EACH TIME you want to change the times or the number of repeats.

I have done it 20-30 times over the past 2 days just to be sure it is working as tomorrow is the last day to return my Charge. It has worked every time. Just for the heck of it I tried changing without removing it first and sometimes it would work other time it would not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

putting it on top of my exercise list seems to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To solve this I did the following:

• Load the Fitbit app
  • Turn off Bluetooth from control center
  • Set the interval timer how you want
  • Turn Bluetooth back on
  • Sync your fitbit
Best Answer

Thank you.  I will try your tip today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you RussVegas - after trying a few other suggestion, yours has has worked.

Can't believe this is not fixed yet though, it's a pretty basic feature from the user's point of view!

Best 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found a solution, or rather a workaround for a software bug that should have been fixed long time ago, or they are having serious regression issues. 
the reset problem is only occurring when the interval workout is the first one in the list. The issue was solved for me if I put it second in the list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Russ Vegas deserves the Robert de Niro "Analyze This" YOU!!! You... you're very good

Best Answer
0 Votes