Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic firmware not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update stuck after running 1 1/2 hours. I stopped update, tried soft and hard resets. The watch never vibrates during hard reset process. Ionic is now stuck on Fitbit logo on black screen. I’ve tried shutting off Bluetooth and forgetting device in app. Still stuck on Fitbit logo. My father passed in 2019 and it was his watch. I’d like to hang on to it a little longer. Any advice would be welcome. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Suze333 Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared and for the steps performed prior posting. I understand how much you appreciate the Ionic.

Please note that sometimes the update make take up to 30 minutes to complete, but if you see that the Fitbit Ionic is still showing the Fitbit logo with the set up instructions, let's try to set it up as new device one more time, see How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If the update is still not responding you can find more tips here.

Hope this helps 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was finally able to do a hard reset on the Ionic and completed a new device set up. It’s working now. Thanks for responding. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suze333 Thanks for your reply. 

It's great to hear that your device is now working. I appreciate all your efforts to fix the difficulties experienced.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes