Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing with iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my Ionic back in March of this year. Loved all the features, specifically the step counter and lab counter for swimming. However, after the first two months or so it stopped syncing to my than LG G6 phone. I constantly had to restart my watch, delete my Ionic from my account and reset it up again. I followed all the steps in other posts to get my watch to sync. 

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

I have since gotten I new phone, an iPhone 8, and I have the problem worse than ever. It seems like it won't sync at all anymore. Every time I need to sync my Ionic I have to follow the above steps in order for it to work. I have all day syncing turned on and it won't sync unless I follow all the steps above. This takes about 10 to 30 minutes each time I want to sync. I am sick and tired of an almost $300.00 watch not working properly. Fitbit people when are you going to fix this problem? It seems to me like I am not the only one with this issue. I shouldn't have to go through this every time I want to sync. I don't have the time for it everyday. I am seriously considering getting a different, basic fitness tracking watch for a fraction of the price.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

i am also in the same situation cant keep bluetooth connection wont sync. ive only myself to blame for switching from Apple a company who make things that actually work correctly..Im watching it trying to sync as i am typing this its painfull.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JessicasSwimMom and @Bert6868, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for reporting this to us and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, if you haven't tried yet I would like to suggest you to perform a factory reset on your Ionic. Keep in mind that a factory reset will delete the information you have recorded during the day and you will need to set up your Ionic once again, however this has helped many members of the Community facing the same situation.

To perform a factory reset:

1. Tap on the Settings app on your phone. 
  2. Scroll down and tap on "About"
  3. Scroll down and tap on "Factory Reset"

After that, plug in your Ionic and set it up as a new device once again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done a factory reset numerous times and it still won't sync. I just did one Saturday and than I did one again this morning. Nothing works. It will sync once and than it won't sync again until I redo all of the steps or a factory reset. This is very annoying and not worth my time anymore. Going to be going back to Garmin. Seems like you guys know there is a serious problem with the Fitbits syncing but nothing is being done about the problem to fix it. I guess I can kiss my nearly $300.00 dollars goodbye. Never purchasing a Fitbit product again. 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit as posted in other thread, I have exactly same issues as described in @JessicasSwimMom post below. Could anyone from Fitbit say when this will be fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes