Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it ok to use a Fitbit Device and MobileTrack at the same time?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I was wondering if you can sync your Fitbit device after using Mobiletrack.   Say I forget to put on my Fitbit in the morning and I use MobileTrack that day.  Then when I get home that evening I put on my Fitbit.  Will this cause any sync issues, or will everything be fine?

Thank you! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bake123, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that it's totally safe for you to sync your Fitbit device after using MobileTrack. When you use multiple devices, we combine their data and present the totals. For example, if MobileTrack counted 8000 steps and the tracker you wore during your evening run counted 9000, the total number of steps on your dashboard is 17,000. The information gets consolidated, meaning that if you use MobileTrack and a Fitbit device at the same time, the data will be combined, not duplicated. 

I hope this resolve your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Bake123, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that it's totally safe for you to sync your Fitbit device after using MobileTrack. When you use multiple devices, we combine their data and present the totals. For example, if MobileTrack counted 8000 steps and the tracker you wore during your evening run counted 9000, the total number of steps on your dashboard is 17,000. The information gets consolidated, meaning that if you use MobileTrack and a Fitbit device at the same time, the data will be combined, not duplicated. 

I hope this resolve your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify, if I am carrying the phone AND wearing the watch, and I do 5000 steps, will it record 5000 from the watch AND 5000 from the phone, or does one take precedence over the other when both are active at the same time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same question exactly snd came across this original question because i have a ring that records pretty close to half the amount if steps so I  went looking and I have the phone in my pocket and the Fitbit on my wrist they are both actively collecting data according to to the settings in the app so i removed the phone from the app. I will see tomorrow with a fresh new day if my ring and my watch have a closer number??????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update!!! Turning the connection of the phone to the app off had no effect on number of steps, it appears they were not  added to the steps registered by the watch as i suspected and my ring still registers less than 1/2 the amount of steps . This i account fir the fact that i talk with my hands and the ring must have a different mechanism for tracking. If i shake my wrist. steps calculate on the watch but not the ring.  Apparently I am not actually walking as much as i thought i was!!  If i learn anything else i will post again.

Best Answer
0 Votes