Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to delete messages on the iOS app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you delete messages on the iOS app?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can't. They will eventually just go away.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

You can't. They will eventually just go away.

Best Answer
Thanks you very much.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They haven't gone away for me, it's been 295 days on some of my messages.

Best Answer

How long does it take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fmr_sailor@Mars112 and @soosiep, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

As @SunsetRunner mentioned, messages will be deleted after 30 days. Unfortunately Notifications can't be deleted at this moment. I understand that you would like to delete the notifications shown inside the Fitbit app but at this moment it's not possible to do it, in which case I would like to suggest you to vote and comment on the suggested idea @rubyrune kindly posted. This is the best way to get the attention form our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you @MarcoGFitbit. I have done as you suggested, but in these days of GDPR etc I am astonished that the messages that men that I want nothing to do with have sent me are now sitting there and I have to re-read them every time a female friend messages me!! (Obviously I have now deleted those men who I naively thought were on Fitbit for fitness)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @soosiep, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you. I understand is annoying to see these unsolicited messages in your inbox which is why I suggested you to check @rubyrune's suggested idea. The more votes and comments an idea has, the more visible is for our development team and considering the demand they can consider implementing it. 

Once again, I appreciate your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Messages from friends still don't delete or disappear (iPhone X).  I have a message that is now 58 days old.  I've logged out of the app, still there.  Deleted and reinstalled the app, still there, switched the phone off, tried swiping, finding the message on the Desktop computer dashboard.  All to no avail.

Any chance of fixing the bug after all this time?

Best Answer

I also have a message that is OVER 30 days. It's 67 days and I hate that I have to see it all the time when I look at my FitBit app. 

Come on FitBit fix this bug already!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @xbabymia, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SwissFran thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that at this moment it's not possible to delete in-app Notifications or Messages. Our team is currently aware of the recent issue where the red dot appears in the app even if you don't have pending notifications or messages and are working towards a solution. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, once we have more to share with you, we'll make sure to post it here in the Official Forums. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One message from a person seeking instagram followers is still there but all the actual friend messages disappeared today. I rebooted the phone three times, deleted the FB app, reloaded it and logged in. Still no messages new or the recent ones from my friend. What causes that?  Can I fix it?  

Best Answer
0 Votes