Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Fitbit app available in Russia?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! I livein Russia and have just got a new iphone X and tried to download FitBit app following the link from Fitbit.com opened on my phone. Got a message that "This app is not currently availiable in your country or region".  surprised.. anyone from Russia facing the same issue?

Have been using Charge2 for over a year now and would like to continue!

Support was not helpful - told me they were not aware of any problems. I tried searching the apstore manually - and was not able to find Fitbit app there..... 

grateful for your help!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Maranta, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that are several factors that influence availability of a certain app in a determined country and our team appreciates your feedback. Take in consideration that many of our members have been able to download the Fitbit app for iOS by creating an Apple ID associated with a country where the Fitbit app is available. For instructions, check Apple's site about how to create a new Apple ID

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi Marco, 

thank you for your responce. I still do not quite get it why I can not download an app with Russian apple ID? I have bought my FitBit long before an app became anavailiable - I could not predict it would happen. What I want now is to continue using the product I've been using for so long. What is the point of blocking the app download for Russia? crating a other country apply ID may help - but why should I use this way round? I would expect the support team to provide me (as a long-term user of the tracker) a link to download an app. 

It is also strange that one of the support guys I channted with yesterday was not aware of the probleme and told me there was nothing preventing me from downloading an app. Although the next guy confirmed the app was unavailiable. 

Anyway, this is a global world!people travel abroad and buy devices, people change their countries of residence - really what is the point of making an app unavaliable?

I would also expect FitBit to have a clear list of countries where an app is blocked... it wil be fair to the customers. Saying that it is not avaliable in countries where the trackers are not sold in shops is of little use to customers - how would I know it it is sold in shops in my country? 

Also there is no clear guideline for those who bought the device before the change came into force? Buy the way, when did it happen? why FitBit has not notified me about app anavailiability?

Best Answer

Hello @Maranta, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and voiced your opinion about this situation. Please note that we do not have the specific reasons why the Fitbit app gets removed or is unavailable on certain regions. I understand your concern and will forward your feedback to our team so they can take a better look a this situation. Once we have more to add to this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco 

Has there been any updates from your team that you forwarded @Maranta 'a query to on the issue? 

It has been 4,5 months since you posted your promise and no advancement or resolution to the issue that I am now having also? 

Fitbit, please explain yourself and provide a solution to the problem that does not involve round about ways of cheating the App Store with fake Apple IDs. 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought 3 Inspire HR bands, for my girlfriend, my father and myself. And was "surprised "that FitBit isoutof support for Russia. Thats at least strange, that such a global firm doesn't support huge market, second doesn't show anywhere that what you're going to buy will not work if you're in a particular country.

Any news on making FitBit app available for Russia?

Best Answer

Interested in this.  I brought 2 charge 2s for my wife and myself about 2 years ago.  I have been  using mine again recently, so charger my wife's and tried to add the app for her on her new Samsung and it says it's not available in Russia?   But I'm in moscow, using my app.  When  I first brought them they where fully supported and my wife used hers everyday with the app ..  now not supported.  Sort it out fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes