Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to turn off the non-essential notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not need Fitbit to say things like "way to go" or "almost there".  In fact, these notifications are really annoying to me because my fitbit app shows that I have a notification so I feel I have to check it to see if it is something important.  I do not need it to tell me these things.  I turned off notifications but it continues to send these to me.

Can these be somehow turned off?  I love my fitbit and it has been very helpful to me in tracking my health efforts but I would like to turn these off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Under the "Notifications" menu option, have you also turned off "Reminders to Move"?  That might solve the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shoes_untied  Those little messages come from the "Chatter" feature.  From the app dashboard, tap on your tracker icon (upper left), scroll down to Greeting.  Tap on that and you should see a toggle to turn Chatter off.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I turned chatter off and these messages still come.  Very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  The only thing I have on the notifications menu is to turn on and off "Calls" which lets me know when I'm getting a call.  I don't see the reminders to move option anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shoes_untied  Now, I think I know what you are writing about with these non-essential notifications.  I think they are coming from the app "notifications"  that recently appeared in the lower right corner of the app.  I got one yesterday, notifying me and congratulating me that I was just credited for an auto recognized run.  Well, duh!!  I just ran expecting an auto recognized run!  Inane and annoying; that's why I turned off the chatter.  I don't know how to turn it off and it's time for some user feedback.

As for the reminders to move, this is a feature supported by some, but not all trackers.  What type of tracker are you using?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well. Fitbit helped me with this issue the hard way. Yesterday, half way through my run, mine stopped syncing and then proceeded to shut down during the rest of the evening. Since it has been 16 months since I purchase my Fitbit, it is past warrantee and all they can offer me is 25% off a new one. Since, I basically had two Fitbits over the 16 months and both lasted about 8 months (the first one was replaced under warrantee) I don't think I will be investing in another, even with the discount. This also explains why Fitbit stock price has fallen from 50 to 5 dollars and change. I don't think the company has a future because of quality issues which is a shame since they were the pioneers. Hard to overcome a lack of commitment to quality. I think I'll take my chances with Garmin's version as I have had a Garmin Forerunner that has lasted 5 years. Hoping their fitness tracker has better longevity.
Best Answer
0 Votes