Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues between iPhone X and Charge 3.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Major issue connecting new iPhone to Charge 3. 

Bluetooth doesn’t connect. 

All the links with what to do are worthless. 

No problem with other Fitbits. 

So far Charge 3 is a bust

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @DorranceS, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that your Charge 3 does not connect directly through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

1. OS version currently running on your phone. 
  2. App version installed on your phone ( go to Account > Help to get it)
  3. List of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have a Charge 2 and Ionic...no troubles there..

iOS system 12.0.1

Fitbit 2.80

Have done all the tasks

Connect to charging cable check
Power fully. check
Close to iPhone check
Toggle Search for Bluetooth...spinning wheel
iPhone say can’t find Charge 3

Yes, removed Ionic and Charge 2

Rebooted phone and app..

Still unable to get Charge 3 to Fit it app..

Frustrating start

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. It can’t connect to the iPhoneX. It did when I first set it up but not after since. I’ve tried everything as well and nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
Same here

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It’s a lot of money down the tube. I had it working for one day then it disconnected and won’t sync again

Best Answer
Same

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys !! So I called Fitbit. I had to reset or reboot the fit bit and turn off the phone for 19 seconds then turn it back on and set it up again. The info of calories,sleep,steps won’t be lost but your weather settings and alarms will.  

No reboot/restar press the side botton on the Fitbit for 8 seconds until a happy face appears in the screen. 

Mine is working perfectly since. 

Best Answer

Well I posted what works but they are deleting the posts. 

You have to restart the Fitbit. 

Basically, attach the power cord then hold the button down for 8 seconds. 

It still seems to be an issue they need to fix, but restarting it seems to be a temporary fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx.
Will try
So much for customer support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this to us and shared your experience with the Charge 3. At this moment, as @Stratty33 and @SunsetRunner mentioned, please restart your Charge 3 following these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After that, try to sync or set up your Charge 3. If you're setting it up, please plug it in and make sure it's charging. Give these steps a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returning the Fitbit charge 3 now. Never again. 

Best Answer

Same here. iPhone X. 

Waited 3 weeks just to get this non functioning band. 

Seems to to be a wide spread issue upon googling. 

I didn’t find users that managed to solve this.. 

only buy buy replacing the faulty device. 

Shameful. 

Best Answer
Need to reboot on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you're still experiencing these issues related to your Charge 3 not syncing. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so we can determine what we should do next.

• Phone model you're using
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • List of exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

If you have already contacted our Support Team, my best recommendation is to keep working with them as they will have more options to share with you. For those who haven't contacted our Support Team, I'll be waiting to hear form you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve successfully returned the fit bit charge 3. Never again. Too many issues. It seemed, honestly like no one care and the product was rushed out to customers. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Robot Happy

I appreciate you have come back and keep me updated about this situation. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you. I appreciate the feedback you've provided and will make sure to pass it along to our team. 

Thanks again for participating in the Forums, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer

Same issues.  And I really dislike the choice of screen layouts. Hate to leave Fitbit, but it may be time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Looseleaf, I hope you're doing well, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience and feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've come across so far. Could you please elaborate a bit more about the issues you're experiencing? Additionally, I would like to get some information from you so we can check this issue further:

• iPhone model you're currently using. 
  • Tracker you're currently using. 
  • OS version running on  your phone
  • Tracker version (go to Account > your tracker to get it)
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone X

Charge 3

I can’t get the device version, but the version of the charge 3 was up to date as of Dec 25th - when I tried to do the update it asked me to do a couple of days after that.  It would not update - tried 3 times. I restarted both devices, deleted the Charge 3, and deleted the app.  Reinstalled the app, and it gets as far as showing the activation code on my Charge 3.  The next step timed out 4 times to the end of an X in a circle on the Charge 3.  

Ashley 

Best Answer
0 Votes