Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Yep same here, seems like update has messed something up, other half not done update and his ok

Best Answer

I can’t seem to enter my food eaten calories today. I enter my first foo-it logs that and then deletes it when I enter another food. To top it off it then defaults to a food that I don’t even eat! I have loved my ionic for almost a year and have never had any issues until now. 

Does anyone have any fixit ideas besides turning my device off and then on. Tried that to no avail. 😢

Best Answer

Bar code scanner doesn’t log food as it did before update for me. Also, custom food items I created won’t log. 

Very frustrating; this was one of my favorite features of the app. Hope this is resolved soon!

Best Answer

I’ve been trying to track my calorie intake and it hasn’t been working. I will scan products in and my scanner will register it but it will not go into my list. I’ve tried it with multiple different products. The only things that will add is my recent list foods. I have closed the app, shut down my phone, deleted the app and shut down my phone for 5 minutes. Nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too definitely the update that has caused it hope it’s sorted soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

still having issues logging food onto the app 

Best Answer
Yep I am having to log food from Fitbit.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue...iPhone 7 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah my chicken breast became a Starbucks latte 😂

Best Answer

Everything I enter turns to bacon! 

Best Answer

That could be a good thing, lol!!  Smiley LOL

Best Answer

😂it’s true 🥓

Best Answer

I was able to log my food in through fitbit.com.  Hopefully this gets resolved soon because doing it through the fitbit.com can be inconvenient at times.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner!

I track my calorie intake too.  I tried so hard to use FitBit's food logger to stay within the FB ecosystem, but it proved too difficult over time.  Their database of products is tiny compared to the giant that is MyFitnessPal.

I didn't manage to get FB to recognise any of my scanned barcodes.  Eventually I switched, permanently, to MyFitnessPal and linked it to my FitBit account.  It works like a dream and updates into Fitbit quickly.

Give it a try if you haven't already and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer

Thank you. I’ll do that. Feel strange not being able to log on the app! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue, won’t add custom foods and when i add items from the frequent or recent list, changes the intake measurements and name as well as calories to some random numbers?? Very odd 

Best Answer

I'm getting the same issue as described by others.  I also noticed that my notification history has no notifications beyond June 17. Aside from obvious coding issue, I'm wondering if there is database corruption

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue on mi iPhone 7 Plus in Germany with german Food Database. Some entries disappear, some entries are wrong, logging in Web Dashboard Workshop fine....

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:  After entering my food intake on the website, my daily food intake appears in the app.  The only other action I have taken is to sync my iPhone with my laptop.

Best Answer

Yup,same issue as described previously...was working fine this morning. Deletes any entry now and magically reduces calories...I don’t think I like this diet 

Best Answer