Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting fitbit.com has banned your IP address

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have tried all the recommended fixes numerous times for the Oops something went wrong: hard reset and network settings reset, resetting the Fitbit, reinstalling the app, etc. I can get into the app on my Ipad now (yesterday I couldn't) but still nothing on my phone. If I try to go to the fitbit.com page on my phone it says Access denied as the owner of the website has banned my IP address. I've never had a problem before, please advise! Thank you

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but your fellow fitbit users are not able to help with this. 

As your instructed, you should contact.fitbit.com 

Exolain the problem and include your IP address. 

This usually happens when the server detects funny things that normally should not happens and blocks the offending IP. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I’ve asked a moderator to step in, @RB101 . They should be able to advise you. 

Best Answer

Thank you very much @SunsetRunner 

Best Answer

Hi @RB101. Welcome on board. @SunsetRunner, it's great to see you here and thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the steps that you've tried prior posting, as well for sharing the error message displayed. I'm sorry that you're still having issues to access to your account in the app and website. This might be related to your IP address and should resolve within 48 hours. If the issue persists after that time frame, I'll need you to take a screenshot of that error message so I can take a deeper look. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply, check this post.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Thank you - it did seem to either resolve itself or possibly turning the vpn off may also have helped. Thanks very much.

Best Answer

Hi @RB101. I'm glad to see you here again!

You're welcome and thanks for keeping me updated! That's fantastic news and I'm glad everything is now working correctly. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

See you around. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am having the same issue. First I was getting a notification to unlock with my Iphone now it says the IP address is banned. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @atrexler , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your comment. Have you tried the steps done by @RB101, described on her last post? Do you receive any other error message?

I'll be expecting your reply!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit 

Yes I did try. I also did live chat and they told me there is nothing they can do. It will not factory reset. 

Offered to give me a code for 25% off

Best Answer
0 Votes

@atrexler, thank you for your reply and confirmation. 

If I am correct, the 25% was offered by our support team for the lock situation of the device.  Regarding the IP address situation, did you see any error message on your app or dashboard? RB101 seems to have solved with the steps posted here. Have you tried it?

I'll be expecting your reply!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem too. Since yesterday, fitbit website is giving me this message "Error 1006 Ray ID: 56b30c62ede41f2d • 2020-02-26 15:45:50 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned your IP address"

The app cannot also sync or refresh. When I stop use my home wireless network and start using the mobile SIM data connectivity, the problem disappears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to purchase a new Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @atrexler , thank you for reply! Just to clarify again. You were offered the discount for another device  due another issue, and not due the IP situation, just to clarify . 

@Mabdelalim , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your comment and information.  The issue may be related to your IP address and should resolve within 48 hours. If you still can't log in by then, please let me know so I can investigate further.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get you back on track soon.

Best Answer

Hi! I've got same problem. Access to site denied (my IP address has banned) and my phone can't synchronize with versa. I can't do anything without VPN. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, but I noticed something odd.  I only have this problemfrom my home, while connected to my home wifi.  If I turn my phone wifi off and use cellular, then everything starts working.  So.....whats up with that?

Best Answer

Sorry but your fellow fitbit users are not able to help with this. 

As your instructed, you should contact.fitbit.com 

Exolain the problem and include your IP address. 

This usually happens when the server detects funny things that normally should not happens and blocks the offending IP. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue thanks for the input. @Tgrau Welcome to the community forums. 

As @Rich_Laue mentioned before, this issue is related with your IP address. I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they are dong their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer