Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest App forced me to stop using Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used my Fitbit for three years with only minor issues. The latest iOS app is utter useless. It automatically syncs with my tracker all day long, which has lowered by tracker battery life to just over a day (vs. 6 days before). I don’t want to charge it daily.

So I turned Bluetooth on my phone off, but that impacts a lot of other apps (including COVID contact tracing) so that’s not an option. I let my tracker run out and just found that the app is now consuming my iPhone battery by running extensively in the background, trying to find the tracker, which is dead.

This is a horrible design. Why would you remove the option for the user to control when to sync? I have charged my Fitbit for the last time, removed the app from my phone, and have bought an amazon Halo. Goodbye - I will not miss your buggy software 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MortenK  not sure you posted if you aren't going to use your Fitbit. My suggestion would be to simply log out of your app and sign back in when you wanted to sync.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

He was pretty clear: "Goodbye - I will not miss your buggy software"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @christopherjost  indeed those were his words, but I can't remember the number of times a person posted something similar and changed their mind. Just because you're unhappy when posting, doesn't mean when you calm down that your thoughts change. Sometimes a person just wants to know someone is out there listening.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 My guess is you know @Rich_Laue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@christopherjost  @Rich_Laue and I've been hanging around here for a few years but haven't met in real life. Not sure how that is relevant to the topic of this thread.

Best Answer

Yes, sort of @christopherjost. you probably noticed the icon to the right of our names. If you want, tap on the icon to find out more. 

Interesting that you brought me into this conversation, but not sure why? 

Best Answer