Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macronutrients and calorie calculation incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am confused. My macros at the end of the day are 446g carbs, 118g fat, 158h protein and fitbit app reads this equals to 2242 calories. WHHHHHHAAAAT?

Are carbs/proteins  not 4 calories, fats 9 calories? What’s wrong with the app? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Pscolka.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

Please also review this help article where you can find the information on how to track food and see your macronutrients breakdown: How do I track my food with the Fitbit app? 

By the way, I've moved your post to the iOS App board so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My app has been recording nutritional info incorrectly as well. This morning it told me that after breakfast I’d had over 140,000 percent of my daily recommended amount of vitamin A, now, after completing your suggested fix, I don’t have any nutritional data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hehe - mine records at 210,000% 

Hopefully this glitch with fitbit doesn’t screw up the progress by people who are trying to be in a deficit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My nutritional values are gone now as well. 

please fix your issues, otherwise I will have to choose a different tracing app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @msuttonface. Thank you for your reply, @Pscolka.

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand how you are feeling and will be glad to investigate further. Please provide the following information:

@msuttonface Please confirm that your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes