Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macronutrients percentages incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Scanned the Grape-nuts barcode and under nutrition facts iron is displayed as 1620 % when actually on the box it shows 16.2mg and 90%. I’ve noticed this same error on other foods, listing milligrams as percentage 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter. Let me share this issue started affecting some of our members and for this reason it was escalated to our team so they can look into this. To receive updates about this matter, please check and subscribe to this thread. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. If you have another question, you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

This problem has appeared last week I think. I logged 2 red peppers and the app says Vitamin A 360.065%, Iron 49%, etc.

At the end of the day l have these ridiculous overall percentages like Iron 2.307%.

Help!

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @IRatus.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend you continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IRatus and @LiliyaFitbit -

I have to routinely fix custom food entries' Iron values. Fitbit changes them sometime after correction - an example from this morning:

IMG_0756.png

I verified it was 46656% in the custom food record and changed it back to 8%

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 8.15.16 AM.png

And let's not talk about the Fitbit "developers" starting to round macro nutrient values when loading in custom foods, as shown above. As such, my daily Saturated Fat values are overstated, sometimes to a point where if the values were truthful, I would be over the recommended threshold of 10 percent.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

And.......

Approximately nine hours later, while my custom food entry in "My Foods" still shows 8% for Iron, the iOS app shows it at 144% - whoops, just double checked the number and it is now at 2,592%. My total for the day is now 1,508,544%!!! Really???

I've said it before and I will say it again - If I had put out the product that the FitBit Development Team (and that includes everyone, including management) has been putting out over the last three years I wouldn't have lasted 40 days, let alone 40 years as an IT Professional.

Sure glad I sold my Google stock before retiring.

Good luck to all.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too. I have had 30grms of blueberries and a small tangerine with my breakfast and the app reckons I have had 3943% of my daily vitamin C. Other vitamins and minerals are likewise way over the top!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IRatus and especially @LiliyaFitbit -

I just created a custom food item - I would hope that fact can be verified by your team.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 6.03.27 PM.png

I then immediately booked the item:

IMG_0759.PNG

Vitamin C is overstated by a factor of 60 and Iron is overstated by a factor of 324.

Where is your system coming up with these numbers?

Best Answer

I can log my food, but the nutritional information is wildly inaccurate. This is becoming increasingly annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mnickdo and @Northernrock.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that our team is aware of this issue and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated. Be sure to keep your Fitbit app up-to-date as the updates come with new features and bug fixes.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been going wild for over 2 weeks.

These are my values for 50 grams of raw spinach. Obviously they are not correct:

37F5F94D-8E19-4AE5-9945-3E2894211610.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @msuttonface.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I appreciate your patience and understanding. I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @MrMarv. Thank you for your reply, @IRatus.

I appreciate the additional details and screenshots. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I would like to advise that our team is working on this situation to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

Please note I have merged several threads with this issue. 

I’ll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

About a month ago, when I log my food, I get incredibly high vitamin counts. A simple breakfast of some blueberries, blackberries, egg, toast shows me with over 10,000% of vitamin A and C. Seems the database is inaccurate or there is a decimal conversion problem. I have the latest version and deleted and added back the app…did not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @BobD-RVA.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm that our team is aware of this matter and they are currently working to resolve it. I am sorry for any trouble, I appreciate your patience and understanding. I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with bananas.  One medium banana is around 10.2% of daily requirements, Fitbit shows it as 1020%.  Also with iron, a banana has 0.3 mg, of 8 mg total recommended, and Fitbit shows it as 36%.  Perhaps all they have to do is move their digits two zeros the other way!  Where is their dietician?  Mine has me switching to chronometer.  Might be possible to download chronometer into Fitbit.  But why?  This should be an EASY FIX.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Chloe576.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. Our team is actively working on this issue, as soon as I hear more I will update this thread. Thank you for your patience. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now a year later and this problem is still happening. My vitamin A stats are astronomical. I had 40 calories worth of broccoli and apparently that's 72,000% of my Vitamin A for the day. I talked to chat, but they said I needed to "request a new feature." Ummmmm, the current feature is broken. I don't want a new feature.

Best Answer
I have given up posting things to Fitbit. They just ignore them. They have a good product but their support lets them down. It seems to me that every time they do an app update something else goes wrong and they can’t be bothered to either test it before it goes out or put it right afterwards. What gets me is if that data is wrong (and it is so wrong it is ridiculous) then it puts all other data in doubt.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for commiserating with me. 🤎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter. Let me share this issue started affecting some of our members and for this reason it was escalated to our team so they can look into this. To receive updates about this matter, please check and subscribe to this thread. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. If you have another question, you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes