Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from friends not showing in app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In app. "Messaging" to friends will not show up period. It will notifiy you in your "Email" if you have it set up to alert you once you receive a message, but once you go into you app to check the message it's states " You currently have No recent message to display" when in fact you do! If you login using the web browser themessagw will be there for you to read and reply! Very aggravating!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @JessicaLR, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

In this particular case I would like to suggest you to reset the way Notifications are reaching your mobile device. For this, please:

1. Go to your personal settings in the online Dashboard. 
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. If Messages from Friends is disabled on Mobile, please enable it, then click on SAVE
  4. If Messages from Friends is enabled, disable it. Click on SAVE, then enable it back and click on SAVE again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Done exactly what you said to do, and didn't work. Now my phone tells me I have messages AND notifications on others things from challenges and etc. but once I go into the Fitbit app. Nothing is showing up. The last thing showing is from September 11th. 😞 won't update to anything current or show me my messages either!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JessicaLR, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've followed the troubleshooting steps I recommended; at this time, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of what you're able to see when you tap on the Community tab and Messages so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not the "Community" tab. It is the "Notification" tab. When I click on "Notification" this is what I get. Notice the statement it shows for "messages"? But I have messages from friends that I received that are not showing up in the app but are if I use the browser. Also, the second picture, notice the Date & Time of the last time it notified me of something and posted here? Now, I WILL get a notifications on my actual phone about steps count, or a challenge, or that someone messaged, or wants to friends, etc. BUT once I go INTO the Fitbit application to check on whatever it might be and go to the Notification Tab at the bottom NOTHING appears. (As Shown in the Pictures Below :right_arrow_curving_down: )
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JessicaLR, thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, the screenshot you sent didn't came trough. Please follow these instructions in order to upload your pictures so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes