Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Nutrition section after the app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I updated the Fitbit app.

This morning I started logging in my food and I’ve noticed that under the Macronutrients section there was no Nutrients section anymore.

I’ve had a hard time finding a place to ask a question about this, eventually l ended up requesting a chat. The person there requested photos, so l sent one from yesterday’s log- complete with the nutrients section, and one from today without the section.

The person asked if l can see the section from yesterday. I said yes. Then they told me to check my log for today, asked me if there is anything else they can help me with and closed the chat before I had time to reply.

Needless to say the Nutrient section is still missing, and I have to check every item l ate for its nutritional value, instead of having an overview.

I am annoyed and upset with this change and with the time l’ve spent trying to speak to someone, and the answer l’ve got.

Please fix the missing nutrient section.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

With 3/1 update, nutrient details in food log has disappeared from Versa 3 app on iOS. Please restore that functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This affects me as well.  I use the Nutrients section to track my daily fiber intake.  Like others, I can see previous days' nutrients, just not for the current day.  I've tried logging out, restarting my phone, logging back in, deleting the app, reinstalling the app, nothing has worked.

Best Answer

Since the latest app update/sync problems of the beginning March the Nutrition details have disappeared on the current day summary of the food log.  It used to appear under the Macronutrients and still does on each food item logged but the summary level has disappeared completely.  Not very useful when you are logging a certain item such as sugar as the day progresses.  Anyone know why or how I can reinstate? 

Best Answer

Same issue here.  I tried logging out, turning off phone and delete and reinstall, still not there.  

Best Answer

<<edit>> correcting "auto correct" errors" <</edit>>

As I pointed out in another thread, I have no clue as to how many different servers, physical or virtual, are used to support all of the accounts, but you have to think with all of the "hits and misses" we are seeing it pretty much isn't just the app.

Some people are not missing the "NUTRIENTS" section like we are and some are still experiencing sluggishness getting to the Food Log page, whereas I am now experiencing f-a-s-t loads of the page and the annoying premium food images. The page is now available to scroll in less than a second after tapping on the food tile on the Today screen.

<<edit>> Another thing pointing to back-end issues is that Custom Food changes are now reflected immediately in previous food logs. Not only do name changes show in history but the nutritional values change as well. So instead of booking all of the day's nutritional data at the individual entry level the are apparently just setting a pointer to the individual food item and get the data from your custom food table.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

No, that does not fix the issue! 

Best Answer

Would be nice if someone from Fitbit let us know if the Nutrients detail for the current day will be fixed soon. I don’t think this is a Premium (paid) feature now because I got 1 year of Premium free with my new Fitbit. The detail was there before the last update and it’s gone now.
I depend on the cholesterol and sodium detail to manage my current day limits. It’s sort of useless if I have to wait until the next day to see it....too late!

Best Answer

Yes, exactly !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@majorv88 -

As a short term workaround (notice I didn't say "solution") book foods to the next day so you can see the nutrient breakdown as you progress during the day, That is what I did today.

Yes, you have to double-book, adding foods to "today" after you verify they fit into your plan after booking them to "tomorrow" and looking at the breakdowns, but at least you can see the affect.

I have been doing a variation of the above for quite a while now. My wife and I plan our evening meals somewhat in advance. Knowing and booking dinner and wine selection and my nightly sugar-free dark chocolate evening "snack" lets me "play with the numbers" as far as breakfast, lunch and "snacks" go, though "snacks" are normally a protein water or shake. Sometimes those "looks" tell me to skip lunch and go with the protein shake later instead of protein water.

Give it a try as we all wait for the FitBit development team to get off their backsides.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for providing the additional details and screenshots. Our team is actively working to resolve the issue with the Fitbit app and we will keep you posted as we know more. Please make sure to keep your app up to date. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit -

Thanks for the update - - - While I have had many issues with your development/QA/Implementation teams, I have never had any doubts about your professionalism nor desire to do get the job done.

Be well.

Best Answer

Me too!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This article is not it at all and misses the point about what a lot of posters on this thread are saying. There was definitely a bug introduced in the last update for the IOS App as this only happened within the last couple days. In the current day tracking of info you cannot see the Nutrients. The "show" option to expand the Nutrients section is not even there. However, if you go back to yesterday, or any prior day, the Nutrients section is there and "show" is available to expand that section. Please communicate to the developers that there's a problem. 

Best Answer

Hi LiliyaFitbit

I followed your instructions to restore the Nutrients feature to no avail. So I removed the app and reloaded it, still no luck. What can you suggest now?

Best Answer

I’ve tried everything you suggested and the nutrition area is still missing. This is very frustrating because my doctor wants me to track this for him. Note I’ve got to see if I can find a different app to use. For the price of the Fitbit and the premium membership, I expect better. I’m very disappointed!!

Best Answer

@BearFriend -

You do realize that the nutritional information is available for previous days as well as future days, right? That should take care of your doctor's requirements.

As for the current day, as a short term workaround book foods to the next day so you can see the nutrient breakdown as you progress during the day. So that would take care of the remote possibility that your doctor calls you up for you values for he current day.

Yes, you have to double-book, adding foods to "today" after you verify they fit into your plan after booking them to "tomorrow" and looking at the breakdowns, but at least you can see the effect.

Once the day is done delete all of the foods from "tomorrow" and you are set.

Best Answer

This did not fix the problem. As far as I can tell it didn’t fix the problem for anyone.

Same - and i can see it in upcoming days as well. Just not today. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I can’t see upcoming days. Is that a premium feature? On another note, it’s a bit upsetting that there are all these people having the same issues, & yet when you contact customer service, they act like they have never heard of the problem, and suggest resolutions they know aren’t going to work. It was their app update. They could simply say they’re sorry & when the next update will be, but for some reason they refuse to take responsibility. 

Best Answer

The option to view Micronutrients used to appear on my current day food summary chart under Macronutrients. A few days ago it disappeared. I used this throughout the day as I entered my daily food choices. Now I only see it the NEXT day for the previous day’s food chart. What happened and how do I view macronutrients for the current calendar day again?

Best Answer

@NeilHamilton -

You can only see future days in the food log page once you have booked food to that day.

After selecting the food and the "meal time" tap on the date value which defaults to "Today" and use the rolling selector to select "Tomorrow" or another future date.

<<edit>> You can go back in time for 60 days for those cases where you forget to book something or had to research nutrition for an item before creating a custom food, etc... <</edit>>

IMG_0311.png

Best Answer