Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muscle fatigue and readiness scores

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to factor in muscle fatigue into the readiness score? My readiness score is high but I assure you my muscles cannot and will not perform today 😅

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I find the Readiness score to be deficient for my needs as well.

It seems to primarily rely on AZM (Active Zone Minutes from the day before. It does not put much, if any, weight on HRV, which I think is a much more accurate recovery metric. I don't think it looks much at HR either. Both HRV and HR change when you are tired (muscle tiredness). HRV would go down and HR would possibly increase a little. In contrast, AZM from say, weight lifting, will look just "fine." The Fitbits do not register fast increases and decreases in HR, as when you're lifting (in fact, almost all wrist monitors are bad at this). So, AZM looks like, "well, he didn't do much the day before." Thus, readiness is a "Go!"

I find that my AZM only increases substantially when I do cardio workouts, but that can include just walking briskly.

In short, I think Readiness needs retooling. It needs to work more like Body Battery on the Garmin watches, i.e. take HRV more into account.

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer
0 Votes