Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Control Slider Grayed Out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex and recently updated my FitBit app for iPhone to version 2.31. The tracker is firmware version 81. Since updating the app, I am no longer able to turn on the music control while tracking exercise. I can see the Music Control slider when I go to Exercise > Track > Music Control Off; the screen has the heading "Turn on Music Control to select and control music from the FitBit app." However, the slider itself cannot be toggled.

While looking through other forum posts for answers, I noticed a lot of people said that it's "not possible" to control music through a Flex. However, I am not trying to play music on my Flex; rather, I want to play the music stored on my phone whenever I track exercise on my Flex. For now, I can just play music directly from my iPhone library, but liked being able to just hit Track Exercise and start running.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MissSAJ, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Currently the Music Control feature on the Fitbit app can only be used by the Fitbit Blaze and Surge, this feature is not intended to control the music on your iPhone library. When you're using track exercise, you can listen to the music on your library, simply open the Fitbit app afterwards and hit the Start button on the Track Exercise tile. If you have voice cues activated the music volume will decrease at the moment when the cue is played. 

I hope this information can be helpful, in case you need anything else, feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @MissSAJ, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Currently the Music Control feature on the Fitbit app can only be used by the Fitbit Blaze and Surge, this feature is not intended to control the music on your iPhone library. When you're using track exercise, you can listen to the music on your library, simply open the Fitbit app afterwards and hit the Start button on the Track Exercise tile. If you have voice cues activated the music volume will decrease at the moment when the cue is played. 

I hope this information can be helpful, in case you need anything else, feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response. It's too bad that an app feature that once worked perfectly for the Flex no longer does. It is also disappointing that the app, which I believe is intended for all types of trackers, shows functions that only certain tracker owners can use. Usually, such features are hidden from users who can't utilize them so that it doesn't look like broken software. 

Best Answer

Hello @MissSAJ, I hope you're doing well. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I completely understand your concern and I would like to encourage you to submit your feedback as a suggested idea, where members of our Community can vote for it and add their comments. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, I do not think that the Fitbit support team is understanding our issue. Their go to response is that the charge 2 doesn't control music. They are correct in that it doesn't control music from the Fitbit. But that app has worked to control music and should during workouts. Mine did until the last update and my wife's still works. It is so frustrating that they are going with the stock answer and not helping. 

The control music button is greyed out on the app since the latest update and it has nothing to do with the type of Fitbit. I have the app on my iPad and iPhone. It works on my iPad but has stopped on my phone. It also works on my wife's phone. 

Best Answer

I found the fix. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I didn't lose any data and the music feature came back

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip! I did what you said and it worked. I tried re-installing the app when I originally posted (and I previously checked for updates), but it was ineffective. 

Best Answer