Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit is not acting the same

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
All of a sudden my Fitbit is showing the wrong time , off by many hours and won’t fully charge , is it the battery?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @PamRip, I would say that these are two separate issues.  

If your Fitbit is not showing the correct time, that would indicate that either your timezone has become incorrect for some reason, or that it has not recently synced.  You can tell when it last synced by clicking on the picture representing your Fitbit.

If it has not recently synced that would explain the incorrect time.  Even if it has recently synced it is worth confirming that the timezone is correct.

To check the timezone go to your app and choose "account" (that's the icon that looks like an ID card.  On the account screen scroll down to advanced settings and under advanced settings you can check your timezone.  If it is incorrect, then change it, and make sure to sync following the change.

If you are having trouble syncing you can work through the instructions in this help article.  I usually find that a simple restart often gets things going again.  If that doesn't work for you, many people have had success by setting up Fitbit as a replacement tracker.  Please do NOT remove your Fitbit from your account first -- it will automatically replace itself if it is able to set up successfully.

As for the charging issue, it may be that you need to clean the battery contacts -- instructions here.  You can also find out more about charging troubleshooting in this help article.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @PamRip, I would say that these are two separate issues.  

If your Fitbit is not showing the correct time, that would indicate that either your timezone has become incorrect for some reason, or that it has not recently synced.  You can tell when it last synced by clicking on the picture representing your Fitbit.

If it has not recently synced that would explain the incorrect time.  Even if it has recently synced it is worth confirming that the timezone is correct.

To check the timezone go to your app and choose "account" (that's the icon that looks like an ID card.  On the account screen scroll down to advanced settings and under advanced settings you can check your timezone.  If it is incorrect, then change it, and make sure to sync following the change.

If you are having trouble syncing you can work through the instructions in this help article.  I usually find that a simple restart often gets things going again.  If that doesn't work for you, many people have had success by setting up Fitbit as a replacement tracker.  Please do NOT remove your Fitbit from your account first -- it will automatically replace itself if it is able to set up successfully.

As for the charging issue, it may be that you need to clean the battery contacts -- instructions here.  You can also find out more about charging troubleshooting in this help article.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for the reply, I did the restart and the time is working correctly now.
I will try to clean the battery connection , which makes perfect sense since I wear my Fitbit everyday, hopefully that will fix that issue.

I am so relieved that it isn’t broken , so I can still use it

Regards,
Pamela Ripellino
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PamRip, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved after restarting your device, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes