Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My history is gone after Fitbit app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had a Fitbit for a long time. When I switched to the flex2 a while ago, all my history stayed with me. Yesterday I updated the App, and it made me reset up everything, and all my history is gone! HELP!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Joedoakes, welcome on board! Smiley Very Happy My first thought is the same than @wmchapman. This happened to me when upgrading my iPhone, I thought I was logging in with the right account but I wasn't, I put a similar one since the only difference was a letter in between.

Would you mind verifying this? Just do the following for verifying your email:

• Go to your dashboard and select the "Account" option at the bottom of your Dashboard.
  • Scroll down until you find the "Help" option, then, hit it.
  • Select the one that says "Email Customer Support" 
  • Here you'll have the option to write us an email, but don't do it since we just wanna know the email you're using on that App. So, you'll get your logs when scrolling down. Here go to the very bottom of that screen and see try searching for your email account. See my picture below: 

logs.png

Trying to verify if this is the original email you use to use with your app. If it doesn't, try logging out and logging back in by using the correct email. 

If you're logged with the correct email, I'd recommend setting up your buddy as a new device by following these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

After that, do the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Let us know how it goes!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The only way your history can vanish @Joedoakes is if you aren't you when you log in. If you inadvertently set up a new account with a different email address, then you are a new guy. Log out of fitbit and log back in with the email and fitbit account password you've used for years (they don't get deleted on our servers unless you formally request it) and your history will be back - whew!

Keep moving bud!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Joedoakes, welcome on board! Smiley Very Happy My first thought is the same than @wmchapman. This happened to me when upgrading my iPhone, I thought I was logging in with the right account but I wasn't, I put a similar one since the only difference was a letter in between.

Would you mind verifying this? Just do the following for verifying your email:

• Go to your dashboard and select the "Account" option at the bottom of your Dashboard.
  • Scroll down until you find the "Help" option, then, hit it.
  • Select the one that says "Email Customer Support" 
  • Here you'll have the option to write us an email, but don't do it since we just wanna know the email you're using on that App. So, you'll get your logs when scrolling down. Here go to the very bottom of that screen and see try searching for your email account. See my picture below: 

logs.png

Trying to verify if this is the original email you use to use with your app. If it doesn't, try logging out and logging back in by using the correct email. 

If you're logged with the correct email, I'd recommend setting up your buddy as a new device by following these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

After that, do the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Let us know how it goes!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Yep -- that was the issue -- I was signing back in with the wrong address.
All good now.
Actually, except for one thing: with this new upgrade I now have to relog
back into fitbit one or more times every day. Is this necessary? Anyway I
can stop this auto-logout?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm glad to hear this worked for you @JoedoakesSmiley Very Happy

Hmmm... what do you mean exactly? Are you entering your credentials (email and password) whenever you open the Fitbit app? If so, try logging in and then just force quit the app. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes