Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not show tracking on iPhone app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last 2 days my sare not registering correctly my iphone it is approx.1300 step different.  fitbit one is correct  iphone6 App isn't.  Tried rebooting both fitbit and iphone, also reinstalled app on iphone and ipad. which for some reason for the first time ever had trouble seeing my device this took several attempts.  It was ok for while then lost steps again this morning and had to reboot device to match app.  Has there been an up date that's causing this? any idea how to correct this

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I'm glad to see you here in the Forums @Hovey1, thanks for joining this family! Heart

Excellent steps the ones that you tried already, this is a very unexpected behavior from the Fitbit App. I'd suggest checking that you're using the latest version on your phone too, I haven't heard about any other update for the Fitbit App; the latest is 2.36 (667.) Which model of iPhone do you have?  And if you continue having same issue please take a picture of both tracker and Fitbit App after syncing so I can further investigate.

Thanks a lot for your patience and please keep me posted! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem my steps haven’t registered for the last week or two. It seems to have happened after the last series of iPhone updates. Is there not a bug fix for this problem. I’m about to switch to a new type of tracker with less problems!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same thing with my recent sync. My device showed 19,000+ steps but the app only shows 8,982. I've never experienced this before but it's disappointing. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the device screen since I didn't sync until this morning and it only shows today's step count, not yesterday's.

Another thing that could be related is it showed yesterday morning's training walk as only .58 miles when I walked over 5 miles. It showed the correct amount of time (1 hr, 30 min) but the distance and number of steps was totally off. The device buzzed when I hit 10K steps (during the training walk) but the information is not being transferred to the app.

I've restarted the device. I've also reinstalled the app. Unfortunately there has been no change.

Here are my details:

• Charge HR
  • iPhone 6S+
  • iOS 11.4.1
  • Fitbit app v. 2.78

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps tile is no longer available on the IOS Fitbit app - past 2 weeks.  Fitbit One show steps, but not showing on app dashboard and then does not sync with My Fitness Pal.

Also, tried uninstalling/reinstalled app, rebooted phone still not working.  

When will there be an update for this new bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JCsteps and @Cmcq1, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@JCsteps, I appreciate you have shared with us information about your tracker and your iPhone. At this moment I would like to ask you to check the Activities section of the online Dashboard and check if the activity got recorded here, that means the app is not showing the information correctly, in which case I would like to recommend you to force-quit the app and open it again. If the information is still not displaying, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

@Cmcq1, thanks for sharing your experience and the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.  Usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit:

Thanks for the response. The desktop dashboard is showing the same incorrect information as the iPhone app. Since it happened, it seems to be recording accurately so for now I would say it is a one-time glitch. I will be concerned if it continues to happen and will let you know.

FYI - I did the different things you recommended previously (restarting the app, restarting the phone, etc.) but it never corrected itself.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JCsteps, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know that your tracker seems to be recording your data accurately now and that you checked the online Dashboard and followed the troubleshooting steps as suggested. At this moment, I would like to ask you to keep monitoring your data and reply to me in case you experience this situation again so I can take a better look at it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes